: Madden NFL the worlds top selling game from July to Sept

hugh
2008-11-17, 10:35 AM
From July through September, the following five games sold the most, according to integrated data from the NPD, Chart-Track, and Enterbrain released last week (listed in order by worldwide units sold):

1. Madden NFL 09, EA - 3 million
2. Wii Fit, Nintendo - 2.1 million
3. The Force Unleashed, LucasArts - 1.7 million
4. Pokemon Platinum, Nintendo - 1.5 million
5. Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo - 1.4 million

The "Top Global Markets Report" is based on software point of sale data from the three biggest video game markets in the world; USA, Japan, and UK.

PrimeBane
2008-11-17, 12:44 PM
3 Nintendo only titles... and the other 2 are on all platforms. VERY impressive for the big N. :)

asif9t9
2008-11-17, 09:47 PM
Madden is a real success. It has no competition, but still, I'm sure it's only people in North American buying it.

nhlhockey
2008-11-25, 12:59 PM
I am surprised how well the wii has done. It has last gen graphics and hardware. I guess kids like it and alot of first time casual gamers have bought it. It is a good cosole to have if you are having a party. i wonder how many times people play it once the novelty has worn off?

asif9t9
2008-11-25, 06:08 PM
I think a lot of Wii's are collecting dust. I know a lot of older people that bought Wii's and played it a few times and now it just sits there. And I come across more older people who tell me they're gonna get "one of them Nintendo....Wii??" for Christmas.

If they were asking me, I'd tell them not to bother, but they look so excited.