: Cooler XBox

Golibano
2008-11-03, 08:36 PM
I want to upgrade from my 20GB XBox to a new Elite and I read an article on-line somewhere about the new XBox' having the "cooler" chip installed which make them more reliable... no red rings anymore.

I can't remember where I read the article but it mentioned that certain serial numbers on the XBox packaging would show if it was a newer model or an older model.

Does anyone have any information on this??

Thanks,

J

Eluder
2008-11-03, 09:41 PM
It's called the Falcon... it is definitely cooler running than the older 360. I went from a launch type 360 to a Falcon based Elite and it is definitely a quieter system. I don't believe you need to buy an Elite though to get the Falcon, that chipset is even in the Arcade console.

Golibano
2008-11-03, 10:11 PM
How will I know if I am buying a "Falcon" Xbox??

Eluder
2008-11-03, 10:35 PM
It's been a while, but easiest way to check is there's a sticker on the box, if it says 175W for the power, then that's a Falcon.

dunlop
2008-11-04, 05:33 AM
Any system you will buy now a days will be a Falcon, the new chipset that is supposed to be coming out is called a Jasper. No one has found a system with that chipset yet.

Microsoft removed the power consumption details from the box to prevent people from picking out the jasper's when they arrive (smart buggers :p)

Just pick up any 360 now that comes with the free games (holiday bundle) and you will be good to go