: Resume Play, bookmarks not functioning

EnderWiggin
2008-08-17, 10:05 AM
I can't seem to resume play on my the Blu-Ray movies I have rented and purchased but I can do so with all DVDs that I play on the SONY BDP-S300 BR player. If I hit the STOP button once on the remote or the unit itself, it displays Resume Play Off, and I must then locate the scene in the movies scene index to find my last location. And I know that in the manual it claims resume play may not work with all discs, but so far out of 3 or 4 BR movies, it hasn't worked at all.

Is my only option to Pause?

LoWd0Wn
2008-08-17, 11:45 AM
Something unusual I have noticed in that in the later BluRay movies that have come out there is a bookmarks, similar to HD DVD, which you function by pressing the green button.
Unfortunately when you stop the movie and want to continue watching at a later time and date the bookmarks are gone.
It has happened to me twice now.
Why would they do it so it cancels out. Isn't the idea to be able to watch it at a later time??
Strange!!

rfielder
2008-08-18, 08:43 AM
Not sure if it is related, but I have the same thing watching Blu-Ray movies on my HTPC using PowerDVD 8.

When I start PowerDVD for a movie we had been watching, it offeres to Play or Resume. However, Resume always starts back at the start of the disc.

This has been true for playing from disc, or from a ripped image.

Until seeing the posts here, I had figured this was a bug in PowerDVD 8. However, might it be something to do with more changes to Blu-Ray?