: MSN question

spensar
2008-07-31, 09:11 AM
I'm not familiar with MSN at all and would appreciate knowing how long messages stay accessible. eg. Would messages from last night be accessible a day later?

QuickSilver
2008-07-31, 09:15 AM
If you are referring to MSN messenger there is a setting under options to save your chat logs. That option has to be set to "on" first before chat logging will happen.

spensar
2008-07-31, 09:31 AM
Thanks very much. If it is not set to save, are they gone once you log off of MSN Messenger?

QuickSilver
2008-07-31, 09:33 AM
I do not know of a way to retrieve them unless that option has been set. I am pretty sure they are gone.

recneps77
2008-07-31, 11:52 PM
All messages are gone once you close the window, unless you choose save messages in preferences/options.
The new versions also give you the last few lines when you talk to someone again, if you have saving enabled.
So say you were talking to Bob about his car.
When you talk to him the next day, you will see the last ~5 lines between the two of you in the new (otherwise) empty window, so you know where you left off.
This is especially convenient if someone sends you an offline message (they pop up when you sign in next, by default)
Rather than a message of "Haha, I loved that, it was awesome"
leaving you wondering what they're talking about, you'll see the lines you wrote above it as well, like "Did you see the latest episode of last comic standing?".