: Green and Pink vertical bars across my screen-Samsung Plasma

spooln2
2008-07-22, 08:16 PM
Hey everyone, I have owned a Samsung Plasma 42 inch model number HP-S4253 for about 2 years now. After about 5 to 10 min. of starting to watch tv, these pink and green bars come up across the screen. Anyone know what this is or what I need to replace? Someone was saying the circuit panel needs to be replace. Any help would be great!! Thanks! Here is a pic of what it looks like:

http://s339.photobucket.com/albums/n476/zabdeali/1993%20TT%20Z/?action=view&current=IMG_0860.jpg

bhound
2008-07-31, 05:16 PM
This sounds very similar to what is happening on my Panasonic TH-50PX75U.

The service tech is coming out today to look at it. I'll let you know what the out come is.

Cheers

bhound
2008-07-31, 07:35 PM
Sorry, can't see your picture that you posted.... Soooo.

The tech just left. He replaced what he called the "D" board. From his description, it drives all the other boards in the set.

So far so good.

He said that there was no way of "him" actually testing individual boards. He simply replaces boards in the order that Panasonic advises him too, until the issue goes away..... Interesting, to say the least.

Cheers

1tribeca
2008-07-31, 10:59 PM
Almost sound like the magnetic problem of yester-year with CRTs!!! Keep those non-shielded speaks far away from the set son!!