: WMP question re: album info

toybox
2008-07-17, 09:38 PM
I have quite a few "albums" (some of which I only have one song from) that come up in the library of Windows Media Player. Yet, only some of the album art cover is showing. If I go through the "find album info" I find the right info and art and update, but it still doesn't show up when I open up WMP?? Is there a way to just "paste" the art on the icon? Is there a better way to update album art? Funny how just some come up and some don't eventhough all the info is correct and it recognizes the right artist/album no problem.

thanks

Robobob
2008-07-17, 10:42 PM
I just went through this myself and it was all very frustrating. Trying to get the correct album art to show up in WMP, Media Center and on my windows mobile device was a huge pain. They all seems to work a little differntly.

I ended up downloading a free program called Mp3Tag that did what I was looking for. I basically wiped out all the tag data on each file and reset it and found the album art using google image search.

It was a long and tedius process but it was the only thing I found that worked 100% of the time.

toybox
2008-07-18, 06:12 PM
I will try that thanks!

rlb
2008-07-18, 09:30 PM
In the past I have just used amazon or some other website that shows the album art to find the art that I'm looking for, then right click and copy it, then go to WMP and right click in the spot where the art goes and select 'paste album art'.

toybox
2008-07-22, 08:17 PM
I did the cut and paste thing with amazon...and it worked great! Thanks.

Now if I could paste DVD album covers for the Dvix or MVK videos I have that would look cool...