: KURO and room lighting

OnlineHarvest
2008-07-15, 07:20 PM
Hello,
would the KURO (5020) still be appropriate in a moderately lit living room? As a point of reference, possible sources of outside light would come from the behind the set, and from both sides. Of course, blinds can create a darker experience, obviously.

As I understand it, it is recommended to not run any plasma in 'torch mode'. I believe it will still be OK but the lighting at FS was lower than what my room is normally in the day.

Thanks for your help.

bdgtor
2008-07-16, 12:19 PM
I have my Kuro in a well lit family room (bay windows on one whole wall). It's plenty bright for the room, even without being in torch mode (it's not even close to being in that mode). I regularly watch television during daylight hours.

My Kuro is last year's model, but I'm sure this year's model would be fine too.

hugh
2008-07-16, 02:07 PM
You'll have no problems.

OnlineHarvest
2008-07-16, 06:53 PM
Thank you.

1tribeca
2008-07-19, 06:05 PM
Agreed...too much emphasis put on room lighting with plasma. The screens are getting less reflective as new generations are released. Besides, they're no different than the CRT days. Your situation is fine.

Plus, you're sitting in front of a beautiful panel...a couple hundred bucks in blinds (if that much) is well worth the viewing pleasure. What's your alternative? A computer mon...er...sorry, and LCD?...yuck.

WolfDV
2008-07-24, 03:50 AM
dont use torch mode .. aka dynamic picture setting .. is so over saturated and ugly.

If you dont wanna play with settings and have a day/night custom mode, then just simply put it on Optimum and leave it, the set will adjust according to your lighting and content.