: Insignia 42" Plasma- "green static"

thefishguy
2008-07-11, 09:01 AM
I am new to the forum, and new to plasma tv. My tv is aprox 9 months old.

The problem I am experiencing is a green static/pixelation in white areas of a picture, such as glare on an actors face or a car windsheild. This seems to occur on one half of the screen. It is happenning when watching satelite tv (rgb inputs) or dvds (audio/video component input).

any help is appreciated

jvincent
2008-07-11, 09:46 AM
If it's only on one half of the screen then the set is probably defective.

I'd get the service guys in before the warranty is up.

ozzman
2008-07-11, 10:22 PM
I had you TV for about 4 months,(the hmdi plugs didn't work}Whats happening to you ,iam not ,trying to disrespect you, but you tried to save some bucks and now you are seeing the benefits. take it back and spend a extra $200-$300 buck and get your self a real tv(this is my suggestion ,samsung, panasonic, pioneer ,and lg (stay out of walmart type stores.(take your TV back, i promise you will be a lot happier with the three i mentioned, its a good starting point:)I really will you goodluck with any decision you make:D Thats my 2 cents

thefishguy
2008-07-12, 12:24 AM
It is Futureshop and Bestbuy's store brand. The difference was enough to buy their three year extended warrentee. I called Futureshop and a tech will be coming by in four days.

ozzman
2008-07-12, 05:30 PM
This is just my opinion ,When you have to take a new tv to get fixed.It's never pretty.I hope they do fix the problem you have.But ive seen this before(like 3 months down the line a new problems starts)Iam not saying this to get you upset.I just want you to be prepared if it does happen.Really man i wish you the best of luck and problem free;)(you started with a new tv ,Now after it's fixed you own a refurbished tv)