: Viewsonic

Midnyte
2008-07-05, 12:20 AM
Not sure where to post this, guess this would be the right place...if not....mods can do changes accordingly...

I was looking at the Viewsonic NX2232W 22" 16:9 Wide HDTV LCD - 5ms, 1000:1, 1680x1050 (WSXGA+), ATSC, HDMI.

Just think it would be good to use as a tv and monitor for the bedroom...now I know its not true HD...but with a small screen being 22"...I don't think I'll be able to notice much difference....but correct me if am wrong.

A noob question though...does resolution depend on the computers graphics card or motherboard?...cause I have a 15" monitor at the moment...just wondering whether I will have to upgrade or make adjustments to the computer to be able to fully utilize the bigger screen size?...

....another question if anyone has owned one of these or know someone who has....what are your thoughts/reviews on this product.

thanks in advance

recneps77
2008-07-07, 03:33 PM
That's quite good resolution for a 22" classed as a TV - It's more like a computer monitor with ATSC tuner built in (which is essentially a tv.. but higher quality :))
As for the computer resolution: This will be able to output resolutions lower than 1680x1050, but they generally do not look as "sharp" as native resolutions do. For tv/gaming it makes no difference, really. Its only with text that it is noticeable.
If your graphics card is less than 4 years old, I would say 95% chance it will do fine, older than that, probably 75% chance (if lower end, maybe not)
Anything within the last two years will output that res for sure.

When you plug in the monitor, the computer will either know right away (DVI) or will know after a reset (VGA).
Software settings may remain the same, so your picture may look weird until you adjust the resolution in video properties.