: Reinstalling Vista: help

stationg
2008-06-24, 10:51 PM
I have reinstalled an OS a few times before but can't remember how I get the boot up menu for the OS to let me choose to clean off my hdd and start a fresh new install?

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

granduncle
2008-06-24, 11:40 PM
When at the partition list page, click Options, delete the partition(s), create new one(s), start install...

TKG26
2008-06-24, 11:45 PM
The vista dvd should start the process. But you have to enable the DVD to be first in the boot sequence.Jump into your BIOS and set the boot sequence to access the DVD first. From there you should enter the Vista install sequence where you can set up RAID,SATA and format and partiion you drives.

You can apperantly make a boot floppy for vista from what i read here, i have not tested this http://www.multibooters.co.uk/floppy.html

stationg
2008-06-25, 03:53 PM
The vista dvd should start the process. But you have to enable the DVD to be first in the boot sequence.Jump into your BIOS and set the boot sequence to access the DVD first. From there you should enter the Vista install sequence where you can set up RAID,SATA and format and partiion you drives.

You can apperantly make a boot floppy for vista from what i read here, i have not tested this http://www.multibooters.co.uk/floppy.html
Thanks....hmmm I think it worked. I don't see any of my old files so hoping it was a clean install lol.

stationg
2008-06-25, 08:00 PM
I reinstalled WinVista yesterday. I don't have sound. I am guessing there is no audio drivers installed or I have picked the wrong drivers.

Can I check my hardware to see which audio card I have installed?

Thanks

P.S A side note, I saw somewhere in settings that my speakers weren't plugged in but I checked and they are plugged in and I see the power light.

TKG26
2008-06-25, 11:06 PM
Click start and type into start search Device Manager. This will list your hardware. Look for sound,video,game controlers you probably have some yellow !!!! marks under the stuff missing drivers.

You may need to dig out your motherboards orginal cd for those drivers if you got onboard sound. OR the sound cards cd. Better yet get fresh drivers online for all your hardware in vista form..