: Treehouse TV announces six new programs

hugh
2008-02-14, 01:17 PM
Of interest to members with young children in the house. The following is a brief description of the new shows which begin the week of February 25th.

In the Night Garden

From the partnership responsible for co-creating Teletubbies, comes the magical picture-book place In the Night Garden. Filled with superbly silly and courageously curious characters such as Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka, this HD series is filmed with a real woodland backdrop with a mix of costumed actors, puppets and computer-animated characters. Narrated by award-winning Shakespearean actor Sir Derek Jacobi, In the Night Garden will air on weekdays and Sundays at 7:30 p.m.

Fifi and the Flowertots

With a focus on the environment and building an appreciation for the outdoors and gardening, Fifi and the Flowertots is a fun and energetic series that follows Fifi Forget-Me-Not and her friends Bumble, Pip, Violet and Primrose who tend to a bountiful and beautiful organic garden. Airs every weekday at 6:20 p.m.

hugh
2008-02-14, 01:17 PM
Ni Hao Kai Lan

Nickelodeon invites kids to say "Ni Hao!" (Hello!) to Kai Lan, a Chinese-American five year-old who can't wait to share the Chinese language with her friends at home. Viewers can play along with Kai Lan and her friends Tolee the koala bear, Hoho, a musical monkey and Rintoo, a bold tiger, as they
go on adventures and learn about Chinese culture. Airs Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m.

My Friend Rabbit

Based on Eric Rohmann's award-winning book, Mouse and Rabbit show children that curiosity, friendship and creativity make problem solving fun! Aimed at kids three to six, My Friend Rabbit airs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m.

Yo Gabba Gabba

Preschoolers can join host DJ Lance Rock in the non-stop singing, dancing and beat-boxing new musical series Yo Gabba Gabba. Tuneful and energetic characters include: The Muno, a tall, red cyclops; Foofa, a cute pink flower monster; Brobee, a green long-armed creature; Toodee the blue cat-dragon and Plex, a magic yellow robot. Important lessons about nutrition and manners get thrown into the mix, plus celebrity guests like Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings) and pro skateboarder Tony Hawk keep it hopping. Airs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 4:30 p.m.

The Koala Brothers

Young audiences can travel Down Under with Frank and Buster, in The Koala Brothers, as they strive to help others whenever and wherever they can. From their isolated homestead in the Australian Outback, the two brothers fly in their plane on daily patrols, looking to help those in need. As they live by their motto, "We're here to help!" they epitomize the true value of friendship and caring for others. Airs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5:30 p.m.

sixer
2008-02-17, 12:03 PM
Thanks hugh, we'll see if my toddler likes these.