: Any Samsung LNT 3753 or 4053 owners that can confirm support from SammyCanada??

kamshaft
2008-02-03, 10:54 PM
I'll soon be returning a new Sharp 37" 43u in exchange for either of the above-mentioned Sammy models, and wanted to make sure first that Samsung Canada will support them if the unit is plagued with the infamous "tearing" issue...

I know that the 4053 "should" be supported since it is made/supplied by Samsung Canada and has a Canadian model number (LNT4053HX/XAC), but I went through a similar issue with my plasma unit when a fix for the "judder" issue was released from Samsung USA, and Samsung Canada claimed there was no fix available; they refused to consider anything that had to do with their sister-company and I had to get the firmware fix myself through a private US owner!!

As for the 3753, that model is even more of a concern, since it seems to be exclusive to FutureShop yet does not appear on the Samsung Canada website; it boasts a US model number (LNT3753HX/XAA) and I'm assuming that FS probably imports these units directly from BB in the US or something...

In any case, I'm just preparing for the worst, so I thought to ask if there's anyone with real life experience here.

Thanks to all in advance,
Kamy :)

kev604
2008-02-04, 01:21 AM
Might be a stupid questions but did you try calling Samsung to hear what they have to say?

darren_stuart
2008-02-04, 07:59 AM
I have the Samsung LNT4042H. It had the tearing problem and some audio issues. I called Samsung and within two days a technician was at my house to diagnose the problem. One week later, he came back to my house with a new board for the TV. Repair took 20 minutes and the TV now works great.

I am very satisfied with the support I received from Samsung. You should have no concerns.

kamshaft
2008-02-04, 09:56 AM
Might be a stupid questions but did you try calling Samsung to hear what they have to say?

Actually, I did call and was told that although the 3753 is in fact a US model, it would be supported since it is made available to Canada. But as I discovered with my previous Samsung support call, actions speak louder than words, so I thought to ask if anyone had firsthand knowledge.

I have the Samsung LNT4042H. It had the tearing problem and some audio issues. I called Samsung and within two days a technician was at my house to diagnose the problem. One week later, he came back to my house with a new board for the TV. Repair took 20 minutes and the TV now works great.

I am very satisfied with the support I received from Samsung. You should have no concerns.

I was not totally dissatisfied with Samsung support with my judder firmware issue for the HPT5054... I got through easily each time, they sent a technician over VERY quickly, and the tech himself was VERY helpful! I feel it was just bad communication channels between the two sister companies, or at the very least a delay in the process.

Obviously, the experience was not enough to steer me away from the brand since here I am again purchasing another Samsung! They do rock!

Jaw
2008-02-04, 09:01 PM
They fixed the tearing problem in the 42 and 53 series in September of last year. I bought my 42 series Samsung in October and it had the correct firmware with the fix in it. I assume this late in the game, all of them should be fine.

kamshaft
2008-02-04, 11:07 PM
They fixed the tearing problem in the 42 and 53 series in September of last year. I bought my 42 series Samsung in October and it had the correct firmware with the fix in it. I assume this late in the game, all of them should be fine.
I knew it was fixed back in September '07, but I assumed that most if not all of the stock in the big box stores probably predates that; even when they order from Samsung suppliers, I'm sure they are getting rid of older stock first....

But I guess it shouldn't be an issue eventually, you're right!