: Buzz words all around us

2008-01-22, 07:19 PM
HUGH: Not sure where to post this query so please delete or move as necessary.
I came across a new word today while searching LCD TV reviews. The word is scart. I did a Google search and it appears to be another type of connector more popular in Europe but I am not sure if my understanding is correct. Just what the world needs, another connector socket design. sailmaker

2008-01-22, 07:25 PM
SCART has been used over there for over 30 years.


2008-01-23, 06:53 AM
When the Sony V3000 first came out the specs on the Sony site claimed this model had a scart connection but that didn't prove to be the case here in Canada.

2008-01-23, 11:16 AM
You will rarely find an SCART connector on equipment specifically made for the North Amercian market, especially from a major manufacturer such as Sony.

SCART is analog only, and at least 25 years old, so you will likely not begin to find it showing up on made-for-America equipment at this stage.

2008-01-26, 01:35 PM
Thanx to all who took time to drag me into the 21st century. sailmaker:D