: panny 50pz750 - Input displayed?

ivanhoe
2008-01-11, 01:28 AM
hi,
love my panny plasma but a annoying symptom showed up recently. when i change channels on my SC505, the tv's input(hdmi, component, etc..,) appears on the top left screen. it never did that before. :mad: i taught playing through my AVR was the culprit but it also does it when i only use the tv. anyone else having the mysterious input appearance? could it be i have two inputs to the tv, one from the SC505(component) and the other from the AVR(hdmi)? it has no other ill effects other than the appearance.
tia,
ivanhoe

2008-01-11, 01:36 AM
Does the input appear all the time, or does it go away. Does it come up only when you switch to certain channels - say channels of a different format, or all the time? A little more detail may help us help you. Do you have the 505 set to "passthrough" (0000) or to a particular format?

What do you mean it happens when you only use the TV - ie - just with an antenna connected?

You say you have an AVR connected via HDMI - what video signal is going to the TV via the HDMI - DVD player? Does it happen if you connect the DVD player directly to the TV without going through the AVR?

ivanhoe
2008-01-11, 10:54 AM
it only appears for a couple seconds. ex; through the AVR, it shows HDMI 1 , when i'm not using the AVR, it shows COMPONENT 1 ! what i mean by the tv only, i'm not using the AVR. the SC505 is feeding the AVR via DVI to HDMI with optical audio and AVR to tv via HDMI. i'm also feeding the tv from the SC505 via component & R/W audio. i've not touch the SC505 configurations as i'm not yet familiar with them. this only happens when i flip channels on the SC505. hope i make sense of the above situation.
ivanhoe

2008-01-11, 03:59 PM
I suggest you only use one connection from the 505 to the TV. Component video or HDMI. If HDMI causes problems, use component video. The TV should not display the input when you simply change channels on the 505.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71112