: KOSS 520W Review?

biggyk
2008-01-08, 08:34 AM
Has anyone had an experience with this little unit. Being a student I cannot go out and get a full out system from best buy, but this has optical and digital out. Just wondering what you guys thought of it. Just enough to get true surround with 360 and digital cable. Im thinking for $100, I cant go wrong right?

hugh
2008-01-08, 08:52 AM
Essentially a cheap boombox with DVD player. For $100, it looks like a pretty good deal

biggyk
2008-01-08, 10:28 AM
Im going to check it out at Factory Direct. I just thought the price was too good to be true when it provides digital audio.

eljay
2008-01-08, 10:56 AM
It does indeed seem to be "too good to be true". Be sure to double-check whether the "coaxial and optical digital audio jacks" are input, output or both. Also - as a possible warranty concern - keep in mind that the Koss machine is a clearance item, and it's not even listed on either Koss.ca or Koss.com.

Quite honestly, I think you'd be better off saving up, waiting for a sale at F.S. or B.B. (which happen all the time) and buying a good-quality HTiB that will reliably do everything you want.

Regardless, best of luck with your purchase. :D

biggyk
2008-01-08, 01:03 PM
Well if it has digital inputs then il probably go get it for temporary use untill i can afford a really good one.