: Toshiba 42LX177

lazyhusband
2008-01-05, 07:53 PM
Toshiba replaced my old set with the lx177 about two months ago due to banding issues on my old set. Today the picture on the new set started flashing. I turned it off and turned it back on and it was still there. I turned it off one more time and waited and when I turned it back on, it went away. Any people had this problem with their lcd tv? This is the second time that this has happened on my set.

SensualPoet
2008-01-06, 12:02 AM
I have had the 52LX177 since early October and love it. I don't see the artifacts and banding you report.

lazyhusband
2008-01-08, 03:54 PM
I didn't have banding on this set. It was on my last set, the lx196. I only got the flashing on this set though, twice now. It's like someone turning your tv on and off continuously. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I called Toshiba and they have heard about this. They told me to camcorder it the next time it happens for the tech to see. I tried to record it on my dvr, didn't work.

Bobvan
2008-01-11, 10:54 PM
Keep track if it keeps going get it replaced. I get a hum with mine I was told its normal by a tech. Never had flashes I really do think they pawn off refurbs after a while. Toshibas a garbage company as far as I am concerned like you, I had banding with my 196 that was replaced with a humming 177. And I tried to purchase 2 of their HD DVD players and both crash and got error messages upon playing back movies. I went back to the 360 add on which is more reliable.

hugh
2008-01-25, 12:57 PM
Was this banding or "a horizontal bar scrolling down through the screen"

I ask because the 46" was recalled
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=684017