: Just brought home a sharp 37"

soros
2007-12-24, 10:03 PM
And I'm not complaining about it.. LC-37D43U . I had some worries beforehand because a cnet review on this model (or the 32" version) said the standard definition upscaling was *poor* .. Watching it right now and it looks great to me but I guess if you're testing the best-of-the-best units all the time you learn to see things others might not.

Plugged in the laptop and played some hi-def tv shows, looks very clean, no banding or weird motion issues that I can spot. That was the other thing that worried me with this monitor, whether or not I could run the screen full-res (1360x768) from the PC input... but it turned out to work just perfect.

The Future Shop salesman was nice this time around and didn't push me, breath over my shoulder or make feel uncomfortable. It was a different story last week; I went in and bought a pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones and said no to the extended warranty the sales monkey says, "Good Luck." .... Couldn't believe my ears (Do I need luck when I buy stuff from you guys??) I hate it when sales clerks open their stupid mouths like that. I almost returned the headphones when I was walking out but, hey, I really wanted them http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

I pick up a hd receiver from cogeco on Wednesday.. nice promotion offer they were giving at FS... no up-front costs for the receiver and 8 months of free HD programming. Think I'm locked in for 12 months but that seemed worth it. At the end of 8 months I can buy the receiver outright or just rent it.

I have an antenna on the roof that I tried using to pick up OTA HD, found a few that show up with a perfect picture but sitting right between my house and detroit is a large metal obstruction that deflects most of the signals, PITA to get proper reception on anything right here.

Stargazer
2007-12-25, 05:19 PM
Congrats!