: LCDs without glossy bezels?

mfseeker
2007-12-16, 08:10 AM
It seems crazy to me that people make such a fuss about LCDs not reflecting room lights off the screens the way those (ugh) plasmas do and then applaud most of the LCD manufacturers for giving them "cool" glossy black screen surrounds. Even though the glare does not overlay the image on the screen, I still find it damned annoying.

Besides Sony, who else gives us bezels that don't reflect light into our eyes?

cooper83
2007-12-16, 02:13 PM
The Toshiba 57 series. I wish I could take the bezel off a 57 and put it on the Regza!

After looking in stores (which often have tons of lights reflecting off the TVs), I've found that curved bezels (Sharp, Samsung) are the most distracting. Flat ones are a bit better, imo.

On a side note, I never understood why CRTs stopped coming in black several years ago...silver was the only option. A silver border around the screen just didn't make any sense compared to black.

Rocky03
2007-12-17, 12:34 PM
Honestly, if you start concentrating on the glossy bezzles ala Sharp or Samsung...it will distract you. but after a while, you won't even notice.

Plus, my TV is off most of the time. IMO, the glossy look makes it look better when it's off.

oc3lot
2007-12-17, 01:24 PM
I'm really happy with the 40" Toshiba Regza that I just picked up... It's got a glossy bezel, but it's so thin, you don't even notice it.

mr_raider
2007-12-25, 06:14 PM
My westinghouse has a sedate dark gray bezel. Almost looks so boring it's unnoticeable.