: Rogers IPG for WNED-HD PBS Buffalo Incorrect.

Pages : [1] 2

2007-11-30, 11:26 AM
I've sent the following to Rogers. Others in the GTA interested in PBS may wish to do the same or call. It's always better to have more complaints on an issue since that seems to wake them up.

The information in the IPG (interactive programme guide on the digital boxes) for WNED-HD, PBS Buffalo has changed for the next week. The information in the Rogers IPG is incorrect. I have compared it to the WNED-HD website (link below).

http://www.wned.org/wnedhdsched/Schedule/default.aspx

For example, at 9AM this morning, there is a "Austin City Limits: Van Morrison" airing on screen and on the WNED-HD website, while the Rogers IPG shows "Sesame Street". There are many other incorrect programmes during the next week. The problem arose today and extends into the next week.

Please correct this situation, as my PVR doesn't function properly without the correct IPG information.

For those people outside the GTA who get PBS Detroit - Is your IPG correct?

otown47
2007-11-30, 11:34 AM
Yes this is the SD schedule, not the HD schedule. For a while the WNED Internet schedule was also wrong but thats been changed back to the HD schedule. So for now check here for info.
http://www.wned.org/wnedhdsched/Schedule/default.aspx

2007-11-30, 12:14 PM
I checked the IPG against the SD schedule and they were NOT the same (GTA). Programmes were different and some of the programmes had "(HD)" behind them, etc.

For example, I see that the Detroit HD schedule has "Newshour With Jim Lehrer" on at 6PM, as does my IPG, but WNED (SD) has it at 6:30PM, while this programme has not aired on Buffalo-HD - still has Desert Speaks and Smart Gardening in that timeslot . Very strange stuff.

http://www.detroitpublictv.org/watch/schedule.shtml

http://www.wned.org/tv/pbsschedmod.asp?display_date=2007-11-30&display_format=fullday&feeds=2273,12439,15983,16529&station=WNED&zipcode=14240&transport=&provider=&supersite=stations

It is possible this is the start of some of the affiliates doing their own schedules instead of simply feeding off the PBS Central schedule (mostly) as they have in the past. (I realize that some local programming has been on Buffalo and before that Spokane, but it was still mostly PBS Central.

otown47
2007-11-30, 01:46 PM
Starting at 3:00 pm today they ARE the same on the IPG here. Thats comparing the Buffalo HD PBS channel to the Detroit SD PBS channel. There is the odd "HD" against some of the programs but they are the same program.

This could also be because of PBS pledge week...or whatever they call it.

jbracing24
2007-11-30, 02:08 PM
PBS-HD Detroit has been in pledge week for at least the last week. I do believe that it finishes today or this weekend. Star Choice IPG has been correct and so has their website

cyberbry
2007-11-30, 07:10 PM
Does Ottawa see HD PBS Detroit? For some reason, I thought Ottawa/London/etc got PBS Buffalo for HD...

jlet
2007-11-30, 07:32 PM
Same problem here in Carleton Place near Ottawa where we get WNED-HD Buffalo (as per picture logo). Furthermore, Zap2it is also confused. It shows the correct listing (as per WNED-HD website) for Ch525 (aka Ch165), but the wrong listing for Ch530 (aka Ch162) as per Rogers IPG. Zap2it used to show the same listing for both channels since they are duplicates. Rogers IPG still shows these 2 channels as being the same (HDPBS - duplicates). I have noticed this weird Zap2it discrepancy since Wednesday when scheduling the Great Performances - Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival Chicago.

otown47
2007-11-30, 07:38 PM
Does Ottawa see HD PBS Detroit? For some reason, I thought Ottawa/London/etc got PBS Buffalo for HD...

We get PBS Buffalo HD, PBS Watertown SD, PBS Seattle SD and can subscribe to PBS Detroit SD.

cyberbry
2007-11-30, 08:16 PM
That's what I thought, otown. Thanks

2007-12-03, 01:33 AM
Just got a reply to my e-mail. As is typical, they asked me to call in about the issue. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I sent them a reply which basically said, why do they have an online customer service if all they ever say is "please call".

2007-12-03, 12:56 PM
If anyone calls in or e-mails, and Rogers says this is news to them, please quote DSR 00793474.

As stated here and in other threads, we are getting the PBS-HD Detroit IPG instead of PBS-HD Buffalo - can be confirmed by visiting the websites (links given above).

microsoap
2007-12-08, 07:16 PM
I think it's back on track (the EPG w/ the HD channel being broadcast). I also see the WNED HD logo disappear and all the promos and the station IDs seem to indicate it as the national "PBS HD Channel" (as the voice-over lady calls it). I haven't checked lately in a couple of weeks of the daytime schedule.

Does WNED only provide PBS Kids/PBS Kids Go! programming during the daytime and switch to the national feed in the evenings, nights and overnights? I recall seeing specialized WNED HD PBS Kids/PBS Kids Go! promos and station IDs when I first got my HD STB almost a month ago.

2007-12-08, 07:56 PM
Good to see it's finally fixed. As of 1AM this morning after the IPG download it was not. Someone's working on the weekend. Interesting that the logo is not there...

otown47
2007-12-08, 08:00 PM
Yes all is back to normal here......it only took them a week......that must be some kind of record....:rolleyes:

2007-12-08, 08:06 PM
it only took them a week......that must be some kind of record....We had "inside help" this time. Many thanks to the "insider" who persisted on this issue and went out of his way to help. I believe that without him, the issue would still be unresolved.

otown47
2007-12-08, 08:11 PM
So was it the IPG for the wrong city or something else?

2007-12-08, 08:19 PM
For the GTA at least, the IPG was showing Detroit HD instead of Buffalo WNED-HD. (Post 11)

2008-03-28, 07:24 PM
I don't know whether people have noticed, but every other week or so, the IPG has been incorrect several days out. I contact Rogers whenever this happens and it usually gets corrected in a few days (also use my internal contact).

The programme descriptions can be wrong - for example Nova may be in the timeslot, but the description is incorrect, or the programming itself can be incorrect. I hope they figure out how to solve this issue, as this is growing very tiresome. It was corrected again today...

Have others noticed? reported?

jlet
2008-03-29, 08:24 PM
Yes, I have and had to reschedule the recording of Bush's War part 1 due to that IPG problem.

2008-05-21, 01:19 PM
Well, the WNED-HD IPG has been incorrect starting Saturday afternoons for the past few weeks. Every week the IPG is incorrect, every week I advise Rogers, every week they correct it by Saturday. A real pain in the butt.

You'd think that since this happens every week and since it's been happening for about 6 months that they would be able to track down the problem.