: Donald Trump condos... are you buying?

Pages : [1] 2

jacksparrow
2007-10-12, 07:23 PM
Apparently prices are to range from 1.6 million to 16 million dollars :o Who in their right mind is going to drop that much living above an hotel and for a condo?

Donald.....you can count me out mate :rolleyes:

2007-10-12, 07:28 PM
I was reading the Real Estate News section of the Globe today. There seems to be no shortage of people willing to pay these prices at the various condos going up in Downtown TO at prices close to (and in some cases above) $1000/sq. ft. I saw the ads for at least a half dozen "starting in the low millions".

It was only a few years back that you could purchase some inexpensive places for just over $100/sq. ft. That's not possible any more here.

jacksparrow
2007-10-13, 09:42 AM
It's crazy the way things are going, Toronto is going to turn to a city lived in by wealthy folks and all the poor folks would be driven out :rolleyes: Then again I have seen a lot of homes shows to know that the people buying these expensive condos live there for a year, even though they can hardly afford it, and then claim they are selling due to some made up story

asif9t9
2007-10-13, 11:54 AM
I think the only option in Trump's condo is gold coverered everything.

hugh
2007-10-13, 12:02 PM
These folks don't remember the condo market in 1989. I have already heard that small luxury condos down by the waterfront are starting to drop in value.

jacksparrow
2007-10-13, 01:16 PM
Yes I saw his house with all that gold covered stuff, it was tacky :eek: The only thing that look good in that house, was his new Eastern European wife ;)

Exid0r
2007-10-13, 05:31 PM
Trump set for towering debut (http://www.thestar.com/article/266441)

[Alex] Shnaider, 39, is expected to take possession of the penthouse, which is valued at $20 million (Canadian), making it the most expensive condominium in the country.

Wonder what the condo maintenance fees are? :eek:

jacksparrow
2007-10-13, 06:29 PM
The guy is a moron, giving his money to another billionaire, no wonder trump is richer than him. Anyway...he could have just bought the house that the mattamy owner is trying to sell in Oakville with a baseball diamond on the land.

The thing with buying a 20 million dollar condo is that he still has to share the elevator with the lower class people

haystack
2007-10-13, 06:39 PM
Maybe he does not want to live in Oakville.
Anyway it keeps guys working.

Walter Dnes
2007-10-14, 01:20 AM
Apparently prices are to range from 1.6 million to 16 million dollars :o Who in their right mind is going to drop that much living above an hotel and for a condo?

Donald.....you can count me out mate :rolleyes:

According to an article at http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=14f916c7-4c02-4bba-a31e-b128c180cc0c&k=11654 Trump and his partners from Talon International Development, Inc., say 70 per cent of the building is already sold out.
Is it worth it? Well...The building will also feature a two-level spa, a sushi and martini bar, a restaurant on the 30th floor and "24-hour access to two chauffeur-driven S-Class Mercedes sedans" for all its residents.
The article gets one thing wrong. They talk of the suites being "up to" 1.6 megabucks. They actually start at 1.6 megabucks, and go up from there. Let's just say that the average member of this forum is not the "target market" for this building, even though OTA TV reception in a southeast-facing condo at the 50th storey should be awesome. I can see a market for maybe 1 or 2 of these in Toronto.

jacksparrow
2007-10-14, 09:38 AM
Am sure antennas and dishes won't be allowed on the side of the building.....

powerstream
2007-10-14, 11:56 AM
The people who can afford to buy will buy, simply because real estate is a safe bet for long term investment, and also because of the Trump name recognition, that alone adds a lot of value. In some of Trump's buildings in New York, only the richest in the world are privileged to live there, even Bill Gates. So by becoming part of "Trump" you're basically part of the same circle these guys are part of, although on a totally different level but hey you gotta start somewhere!

jacksparrow
2007-10-20, 07:28 AM
If I had all that kind of money, I won't buy it, I'll just build my own. Just look at Seinfeld's house in the Hamptons :eek:

2007-10-20, 11:56 AM
There was an article in Today's Globe indicating that a lot of these condos are being purchased by foreign buyers as investments. Relative to a lot of major world cities, Toronto is inexpensive.

stampeder
2007-10-20, 02:54 PM
As mentioned on Air Farce last night, when completed the top of the new Trump Tower will have the world's tallest free-standing comb-over! :D

Icemann
2007-10-20, 07:52 PM
There was an article in Today's Globe indicating that a lot of these condos are being purchased by foreign buyers as investments. Relative to a lot of major world cities, Toronto is inexpensive.

Same things is happening here in Vancouver even though it is not cheap to live in downtown Vancouver. There are so many high, high end condos being built and much of it is being bought up by foreign investors being brought in by Sotheby's real estate division.

2007-10-22, 02:43 PM
Hong Kong flat sold for 14.1 million dollars

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/071019/oddities/lifestyle_hongkong_property_1

JonO
2007-10-24, 05:00 PM
The guy is a moron, giving his money to another billionaire, no wonder trump is richer than him.
Ummm.. you do realize that it's his company that is financing the tower?

jacksparrow
2007-10-24, 09:09 PM
Hong Kong flat sold for 14.1 million dollars

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/071019/oddities/lifestyle_hongkong_property_1
That is nothing, I have seen a garage in front of someone's house sell for 1 million pounds to someone who wanted to park their luxury car in it, in Kensington London W1 UK.

The most expensive real estate is also in London, F1 bernie ecclestone's house that is sold to the indian steel tycoon called Mittal

Nuje
2007-10-24, 11:49 PM
I just saw on the news here that a condo in Vancouver sold for a little over $18Million....and it's yet to be built.