: ExpressVu Drops LeafsTV HD - Closing as its FALSE!

Pages : [1] 2

QualityIsJobOne
2007-09-16, 09:40 AM
LeafsTV HD has been dropped from ExpressVu's website

Angelfish
2007-09-16, 11:50 AM
Do you have an official press release to Leaf$ TVHD being dropped?

Dean W
2007-09-16, 01:28 PM
Has anyone ever seen LEAFTV HD listed on EVU pamphlets in the past? I don't think so.

ARR
2007-09-17, 01:25 AM
Future Shop's HD360 Info Centre shows that ExpressVu offers LeafsTV HDNice chart, but is it accurate or updated?

Why did they make a point of showing that *C has a ton of FREE HD channels?

Do any other providers offer a selection of FREE HD, or is their always some premium to be paid to get any at all?

What if I'm not interested in all the eye cotton candy fluff?

What is the cost per HD channel when you factor in either the FREE HD's and then add the additional fees?

Ex Agent EV
2007-09-17, 07:45 PM
There is no info on our system about that channel being removed...

Leafs TV HD is a channel only offered in a certain portion of Ontario...

When you went to the Bell site were you in your account? Are you in the portion of Ontario which could receive Leafs?

Nimiq 1
2007-09-17, 08:12 PM
So you are saying that Express Vu were wasting HD bandwidth by ONLY offering Leafs HD in limited area's.?

QualityIsJobOne
2007-09-17, 08:39 PM
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/leafstv/index.htm

.....20 LIVE regular season games in high definition as well as all eight preseason games can be found only on Leafs TV.

Ex Agent EV
2007-09-17, 09:06 PM
So you are saying that Express Vu were wasting HD bandwidth by ONLY offering Leafs HD in limited area's.?

I'm not saying that...

I posted that comment:Leafs TV HD is a channel only offered in a certain portion of Ontario...

As an explanation to that comment:Has anyone ever seen LEAFTV HD listed on EVU pamphlets in the past? I don't think so.

Ex Agent EV
2007-09-17, 09:09 PM
We received the latest Express Vu pamphlet today...and there is no Leafs TV in the HD section

ringmaster
2007-09-17, 09:15 PM

No. She was just answering the question. Nothing more, nothing less.

i hate tv
2007-09-17, 09:25 PM
Where did it go?
It appears as though it was available last year, or maybe I'm wrong?

Ex Agent EV
2007-09-17, 10:26 PM
Yes it was available to clients selected by certain postal code for a portion of our Ontario suscriber last year

Again, there was no info that this channel has been removed in our system

blackhawkzone
2007-09-17, 10:31 PM
from what i remember last year, the channel was only turned on for games...at all other times the channel was off.

The channel was also on 424 for folks outside ontario who have centre ice

ARR
2007-09-18, 01:49 AM
We are talking about Leafs HD, not SD.

Hockey in SD is a waste of time.
At least in HD, I can see the puck!

QualityIsJobOne
2007-09-18, 07:20 AM
from what i remember last year, the channel was only turned on for games...at all other times the channel was off.

....That wouldn't be good.

....BTW....I notice that Jody Vance is listed on the LeafsTV website....so that's where she ended up... kinda sad.....from anchoring SportsNet to appearing on a channel that is only available in part of Ontario!

dirtyjeffer
2007-09-18, 08:29 AM
i noticed that 848 (LeafsTVHD) wasn't showing up in my guide for the past couple of weeks so i called into BEV (was not looking forward to that coversation) to inquire about it...after waiting on hold 10 minutes to talk to someone, it took another 5 minutes to explain what LeafsTVHD even was...another couple of minutes trying to convince her i used to have it...she put me on hold for another couple of minutes to inform me they no longer carry it...it is also no longer listed in the channel line up available from Bell (where they show you every channel they carry and where it is)...i already posted this in the Leaving/Rant thread...Rogers still carries it AND every London Knights OHL game...i am exploring my options.

Mr.TV
2007-09-18, 12:48 PM
In speaking with CS at ExpressVu, I have been re-affirmed that the channel will be made available and that select games will be carried out in HD. I am confident that the channel will not mysteriously dissappear with out ample notice and with the season upcoming, we would have heard already.

Lets not speculate especially given no formal information from Bev has been distributed...

MrTV

Angelfish
2007-09-18, 12:57 PM
....That wouldn't be good.

....BTW....I notice that Jody Vance is listed on the LeafsTV website....so that's where she ended up... kinda sad.....from anchoring SportsNet to appearing on a channel that is only available in part of Ontario!
She is married to one of the guys(can't remember his name) that is a higher up on Leaf$ TV.

Bytown
2007-09-18, 12:57 PM
I would not say hockey is non hd is a waste of time.

hugh
2007-09-18, 01:32 PM
The reason that LEAFS HD was not originally on the Futureshop list of HD channels is because they ripped the information from me!

Leafs HD was not on my chart because it's NOT a full-time channel.

That chart on Futureshop was my list of channels available. Note how they added the number of VOD and HD PPV channels and used the O an Q for Cogeco.

Straight steal from my site. I know they ripped it off because one of the mistakes I originally made is on the chart!

Bloody plagiarists!