: Canadian wrestler Benoit, wife and son found dead

Pages : [1] 2

jacksparrow
2007-06-25, 10:30 PM
Canadian born WWE star Chris Benoit, along with his wife and son, were found dead on Monday, July 25 in their suburban Atlanta home, according to the World Wrestling Entertainment statement.

Source: http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/229302

Nanuuk
2007-06-25, 10:59 PM
Wow. Another wrestling great is gone. RIP, Chris!

JesseJ
2007-06-25, 11:18 PM
A Buddy and I went to RAW when he was the champ (3 years ago). It was electric in the Dome that night. He was a great Canadian...very sad.

DSgamby
2007-06-26, 12:13 AM
wwe site is reporting a double murder suicide

barter
2007-06-26, 01:00 PM
He murdered his wife and kid, and used “insturments of death”. WWE aired a tribute, I don't think there will be anymore. Horrible.:(

Ham.Clan
2007-06-26, 03:05 PM
Reports coming out now that he strangled his wife and suffocated his son.
I can't even begin to imagine.

Nanuuk
2007-06-26, 03:17 PM
I guess the police are also looking into steroid usage to see if there was any 'roid' rage. Sad.

Mr. Perfect
2007-06-27, 08:27 AM
What a piece of trash this guy turned out to be. Suicide - OK do it. But absolutely no justification for taking someone else's life. A 7 year old killed by his father.

May this character rot in hell.

DSgamby
2007-06-27, 09:29 AM
The thing is, all the testimonials that Raw had, every wrestler said how great of a guy Benoit was.

quote: "Canadian female Pam Winthrope told News 1130 in Canada that Chris Benoit's son had a genetic condition called Fragile X syndrome.

According to WebMD, "Fragile X Syndrome is a defect of the X chromosome which causes mild mental retardation. The disorder occurs more frequently and severely among males than females. This condition is the leading known familial cause of mental retardation in the United States. Language delays, behavioral problems, autism or autistic-like behavior (including poor eye contact and hand-flapping), enlarged external genitalia (macroorchidism), large or prominent ears, hyperactivity, delayed motor development and/or poor sensory skills are among the wide range of symptoms associated with this disorder."

Winthrope, whose son also suffers from the condition, told the Canadian news outlet that her husband reached out to Benoit five years ago in an attempt to increase awareness about Fragile X.

She told News 1130, "We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in BC and in Canada, we only have a couple of them. My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes and then he said he didn't want to be a public face for Fragile X, he just wanted to keep it really, really quiet."

Winthrope noted that the lack of support for those affected by the disorder can tear families apart. Nonetheless, "she couldn't believe the news that Benoit had taken his life along with his wife and 7-year-old son," wrote News 1130."

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT
By: Bob Ryder
6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.” (Note: We have been contacted by other friends of Benoit who say he had recently become a religious person)

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

The thing is, we should judge Benoit until all the evidence is collect and determined the exact cause of why this happened.

Mexicanuck
2007-06-27, 01:23 PM
What a piece of trash this guy turned out to be.
Everyone, including those who consider themselves to be perfect, can develop disorders that cause them to do things they would not do if they did not have the disorder.

I have worked with psychiatric patients who, when they were experiencing their disorder, were frightening. And when they were in successful treatment were not only a pleasure to be with, but were appalled at what they did when they were acutely ill. None of them was "trash".

I had a friend who provided treatment in psychiatric services who developed a mental disorder and almost killed his wife. He was not "a piece of trash", but a kind, generous and gentle person who had developed an acute mental disorder. After treatment, he resumed his work with a new insight into his work with patients, having been a patient himself.

While not each of us can be perfect, we can each learn to not be quick to judge others based on little information.

Watching the movie "A Beautiful Mind" is a good start.

Bytown
2007-06-29, 07:33 AM
Mr Perfect
There are reports that he will very ill.

nfitz
2007-06-29, 10:21 AM
It's amazing how fragile the mind can be. Watching somone go through a pychosis can be both scary and fascinating at the same time. It's a shame society isn't more open about this - we need ways to deal with these kind of things before they get to this extreme.

jacksparrow
2007-06-29, 01:08 PM
apparently....someone edited his wikipedia entry a day before he killed himself, mentioning the death of his wife

Michel
2007-06-29, 01:52 PM
That is fact. The police is looking for the person that entered that info. Apparently it came from a IP address is Massachusset but the person could live elsewhere..

CWL
2007-06-29, 02:03 PM
Turns out it's a hoax...
http://spring.newsvine.com/_news/2007/06/29/808872-the-college-student-who-knew-about-the-benoit-murder-suicide-before-police

Bytown
2007-06-29, 02:08 PM
I am sure the poster will be facing some sort of charges.

CWL
2007-06-29, 02:18 PM
Other than getting banned from Wikipedia not sure they can do much. Seems like quite the coincidence though.

Bytown
2007-06-29, 02:35 PM
It depends on how many times he made these sort of posts.It could be as simple as he would have to tell everyone who is his to doing some some sort of community service.

nfitz
2007-06-29, 02:36 PM
Other than getting banned from Wikipedia not sure they can do much. Seems like quite the coincidence though. The editor has tried to explain himself. Seems he had read reports on the WWF page that his wife was ill (which is what Benoit had apparently told some of his WWF co-workers), and extrapolated. If you look at his posting history at Wikipedia, much of his work is vanadalism - and he was on the verge of being blocked for vandalism before his Benoit post.

I am sure the poster will be facing some sort of charges.On what charge? There are no law against vandalizing Wikipedia. If you start looking at the logs, someone vandalizes Wikipedia every few seconds. It seems a common thread on this site for people calling for charges to be laid for every quirk of human nature! Perhaps I should be worried about the police knocking on my door someday! :-)

Bytown
2007-06-29, 02:49 PM
There is a law when it comes to the type of posts he has made.IF this was just a case of good old vandalizing then no.BUt these poster go way way acrosse the line.Back in march he made a post something along the lines of this and was warned.He kept making these posts.