: Can I claim back the sales tax and cost of equipment

troublemaker
2002-04-27, 02:18 PM
I have a Direct TV dish that I legally purchased in Canada and paid PST and GST on so how can the government tell me it's illegal after they collected tax on it?

Doesn't that make Revenue Canada a criminal who has benefitted from illegal activity?

I also bought my first satellite prior to ExpressVu even being available in Canada so if the government has outlawed it then shouldn't they give me restitution?

sleemo
2002-04-27, 03:56 PM
I don't know where you bought your dish but I doubt many of these dealers who sell the American dish packages give the money, you fork out for GST and PST, to the government. The taxes people pay at many of these satellite stores just line the pockets of the sellers.

Researcher
2002-04-27, 06:47 PM
I bought mine at the Price Club, they're pretty legit!

beerme1
2002-04-27, 07:09 PM
I don't know where you bought your dish but I doubt many of these dealers who sell the American dish packages give the money, you fork out for GST and PST, to the government. The taxes people pay at many of these satellite stores just line the pockets of the sellers.

That would be dealing with a scumbag.

sleemo
2002-04-27, 11:48 PM
The only place I've seen those dishes sold were from "shady" type electronic stores, flea markets and advertisements in newspaper ads. I think I saw a DirectTV dish in a Price Club many years ago, but I can't be sure.

HornHonker
2002-04-28, 12:27 AM
I imported all mine and payed gst/pst .