: Canadian Yoga Apparel chain going IPO for $828M!!

hugh
2007-06-20, 08:14 AM
Chip Wilson, founder of yoga wear chain Lululemon Athletica Inc., will see the value of his equity stake in the hip retailer more than triple to about $325.5-million (U.S.) when it is spun off in an initial public offering. (http://www.reportonbusiness.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070619.wlulu0619/BNStory/Business/home)

HOLY MACKERAL!

Who would have thought in 9 years you could start a Yoga apparel store in Vancouver and turn it into an $828 million business in less than a decade.

notsure
2007-06-20, 08:21 AM
My significant other swears by their stuff. It's a little on the pricey side but the comfort and quality seem to more than make up for the higher cost.

Who would have thought that selling a quality product and listening to customers would yield such results...

hugh
2007-06-20, 02:42 PM
I've never been in one but I've watched by it at the mall.

What else does it sell besides Yoga wear?

otown47
2007-06-20, 02:56 PM
My wife has a lot of this stuff. Its Canadian and really well made. They used to brag that it was all made in Canada but I don't think thats the case any more. I think a lot of women wear it all the time as casual ware in addition to the gym. I don't know if they sell guy stuff...I'm not into wearing tights...

notsure
2007-06-20, 03:14 PM
What else does it sell besides Yoga wear?

My SO is always buying running apparel there. She's not into yoga at all. I've seen their stuff worn by pregnant women and I'm told the clothes well still fit very well after the pregnancy is over.

Arthur Dent
2007-06-21, 03:53 PM
I've never been in one but I've watched by it at the mall.
Yeah, I also like to stare at the people shopping there. :)