: TCM or at least AMC in Aurora, ON?

flaminghomer
2007-04-11, 12:10 AM
I live in Aurora, home of one of the last independent cable companies in North America: Aurora Cable (ACI). They're all we got; it's either them or satellite. Overall they're pretty good (although I don't have nice things to say about the Motorola DCT6412, but that's another story :p) and I get to see all my shows. One thing I miss (I'm from the States) is Turner Classic Movies. I see Rogers got it last year and BEV and *Choice have it too.

Has anyone heard anything about ACI adding TCM or AMC (American Movie Classics) to their lineup? I'm tempted to go for the dish to get either/both, but I don't know how much better (or worse) BEV or *Choice will be as far as HD PVRs and reception.

Thanks!

lars
2007-04-11, 12:57 AM
TCM and AMC are not carried by BEV. Star Choice does have them.

flaminghomer
2007-04-13, 10:43 AM
D-oh! So they don't. Where did I get that from? :confused:

digital_rookie
2007-04-13, 12:00 PM
I'd give ACI a call to see if either of these channels are on the horizon for them. No better way to find out than by talking to them.

These nets have done a full court press on the big operators (rogers being the most recent to launch them in Feb with their new VIP program).

I would assume that both AMC and Turner will be looking to fill in the holes with other operators and it would just be a matter of time before smaller guys like ACI will begin carrying them.

Just MHO

flaminghomer
2007-04-13, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna call them next week. They're not the easiest to get a hold of though, so I thought I'd check here first. Thanks!