: Cogeco Vs. Rogers (moving)

Daval
2007-01-22, 03:58 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. Great site.

I am going to be moving from Mississauga to Milton in the near future. I currently have an HD TV, with a Rogers 8300 HD PVR.

I know that Cogeco has PVR service as well, but I've heard it is very different than Rogers. How do they compare? Also, are there any differences to the channel offerings of Cogeco vs. Rogers that I should know?

I apologize if this has been covered previously, I tried searching but didnt have much success.

Daval

hugh
2007-01-22, 04:49 PM
I recommend spending time in the Cogeco forum. Lots of threads there discussing the HD PVR and channel availability.

waterug
2007-01-22, 05:12 PM
You could also check the channel lineup and the packaging of themes on COGECO's website.

james99
2007-01-22, 05:49 PM
The HD channel lineup on the website always seems to be outdated for Cogeco.

asif9t9
2007-01-22, 06:36 PM
With Cogeco, you won't get LeafsHD, RapsHD, ScoreHD or OmniHD.

But, if you move quick enough, you'll get to watch the Superbowl with all the cool commercials, because Cogeco hasn't bothered with GlobalHD yet (knock on wood).

Daval
2007-01-22, 08:01 PM
How does the Cogeco PVR service compare to the Rogers though? Can you still record 2 programs while watching a 3rd? Is it as easy to use? easier? harder? If I bought my rogers PVR and brought it to Milton would it work there?

Cheers guys, keep the answer coming :)

Too bad about LeafsHD although there aint too much on there anyways.

fuzzy32
2007-01-22, 08:23 PM
With Cogeco's HD/PVR you can record one show while watching another or record two shows while watching one of the shows being recorded. You can also record 2 shows at the same time while watching something different on the hard drive. Welcome to Milton and Cogeco land.

Daval
2007-01-22, 08:33 PM
OK, so it sounds like it works just like the Rogers system, I had heard from a freind that the Cogeco system wasnt as good as the Rogers and I was worried, I'm pleased to hear its the same technology.

asif9t9
2007-01-22, 09:43 PM
Yes, I believe you worded it wrong. With Rogers, you cannot record two programs at the same time, AND watch another live program. Rogers and Cogeco and any others all only have two tuners max.

Rogers just updated their guide, so it might be better, but I prefer the Cogeco guide for ease of use. You'll use the arrow buttons to work the PVR instead of PLAY, REW, FWD, etc.

But the Cogeco guide is slow. So slow compared to Bell's guide. Probably slower than Rogers, too.