: Is Global Overstretching HD Screen Area?

Lindsay649
2007-01-21, 10:55 AM
It appears to me that Global is overstretching the picture on the HD channel on Evu. For example: Saturday Night Live has the NBC logo in the left hand corner and the Global logo in the right hand corner. Normally the NBC logo has the Peacock thingy and underneath HD but on last nights sim-subbed program the HD was not seen. (Does NBC have two logos?) Also thought I noticed this on a few other Global programs as if they were trying to frame out the originating networks logo or at least part of it. It is not an overscan problem with the tv as it would appear on other channels. (65inch Toshiba WS) Maybe my glasses are not functioning properly:o but I think they are okay. Overall the picture looks slightly enlarged similiar to what happens in Photo editing software. Watch closely next time.

2007-01-21, 12:06 PM
If you weren't seeing the NBC logo on Global, it could be because Global got a "clean" feed from the network. Most logos are added by the affiliates, although not all.

You can see this on CTV where some American programmes have the translucent CTV logo, while others have the "black" CTV logo covering an "unclean" feed bug.

Lindsay649
2007-01-21, 02:10 PM
Yes I am aware of that. Normally the NBC HD logo has the peacock display and the letters HD underneath. In this case the Peacock was on screen but the HD just below it was not. Actually not all of the Peacock array was in view.

2007-01-21, 02:26 PM
It's an added feature by Global - larger images.

Just like simsubs and the "special" DD5.1 sound that we get on those, with the dialog spill and less surround sound, so you don't disturb the neighbours. ;)