: Optoma Panoview Graywolf II

JoeFigueiredo
2006-11-10, 12:02 AM
Anyone know how these screens compare to Carada or Dalite screens?

Big savings if little difference in picture quality. Even though these are manual or electric as opposed to fixed frame, they can still be wall mounted and tensioned.

Specifically wondering how they would perform with a very bright projector like the Panny 100u?

vipros
2006-11-12, 10:29 AM
Anyone know how these screens compare to Carada or Dalite screens?

Big savings if little difference in picture quality. Even though these are manual or electric as opposed to fixed frame, they can still be wall mounted and tensioned.

Specifically wondering how they would perform with a very bright projector like the Panny 100u?

Graywolf II is a good screen if for personal use. The only problem is the viewing angle. If you ceiling mount the projector and sit below it, the image is very bright.

JoeFigueiredo
2006-11-13, 12:07 AM
How would it compare to the Elunevision Elara screens?

Also, how does Elunevision Elara compare to let's say a Dalite High contrast cinema vision screen? I mean, it's half the cost at least.

CHIAPET
2007-01-05, 03:25 AM
Graywolf II is a good screen if for personal use. The only problem is the viewing angle. If you ceiling mount the projector and sit below it, the image is very bright.

Actually, it's opposite, the gain drops off, and the image is not AS bright when ceiling mounted. A retroreflective screen send the light back to the source....the ceiling mounted projecdtor in this case. Thus, the people sitting well below the projector, do not get the advantage of the 1.8 gain, that the screen offers.

How would it compare to the Elunevision Elara screens?

Also, how does Elunevision Elara compare to let's say a Dalite High contrast cinema vision screen? I mean, it's half the cost at least.

I have the " 106" EluneVision High Definition Pro Cinema Grey Manual Pull-Down Screen (http://www.eastporters.com/estore/cart.php?target=product&product_id=107&category_id=32)" which is the exact same screen as a GWII. I have a panny ax100 ceiling mounted, and am finding it less & less appealing. I have tried a few Grandview samples recently, and think I am going to get a white screen to replace this grey one very soon....like next week!

If you are shelf mounting or suing the projo on a table top, the GWII or EluneVision is fantastic.....super blacks, very bright, resists ambient light, just a great value in my opinion. My specific application is not ideal, and you can cliuck on my link below to see pics. With Sat TV, it looks fantastic, but DVD's are not quite as bright, and I really feel I'm missing out on some of that lost gain....especially noticeable when I stand up from my couch.

I should be able to sell my screen relatively easily, so I'm not too concerned....wish I was able to keep it. From the reading I have done, and screen materials tested, I'm sold on the fact that all of these screens are a slight compromise, and you simply have to decide what you can live with, and what you can't.