: remote codes

Pages : [1] 2

robinwood
2006-05-23, 08:12 AM
in laws just got a 8300 never had a digital box previously- a newer remote control came with it - more buttons - rogers on demand etc-
trying to find a code to operate their emerson vcr/dvd combo - found a code that turns it on and off from the rogers remote -but no other functions work
are there codes other than those listed in the rogers book that may work?
like to mke life simple for them- without having to get a harmony-.

2006-05-23, 11:15 AM
If there are no more codes at the back, then you can run a "scan" of all the codes in the remote. The operating manual for the remote tells you how to do this.

I had some difficulty with some remotes and the Yamaha receiver (it would turn off, but not on, but would adjust volume, etc).

Instead of trying the "on/off" (power) function, try one of the other functions like "volume" (or play - put a tape/DVD in the machine) to test the signal to see if it functions on the Emerson. (Which device category were you looking under? VCR? DVD? You may wish to look at the various Emerson codes in the sub-categories.

PakMan
2006-06-13, 06:22 PM
I just traded my rental 3250 for the 8300 PVR and I'm trying to program the remote and I found that the volume of the remote control for the STB controls the volume of the TV and not the STB's own volume. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to reset to factory defaults. The manual doesn't seem to provide one for that. Only that the ID lock can be unlocked to change STB or other receivers.
Any ideas? or should I just see if I can swap remotes at the Rogers store?

2006-06-14, 10:56 AM
On page 14 of my manual, just before the Code Tables there are the reset codes. To reset everything:

1. Press and hold Select and CBL, until all mode keys blink twice.

2. Press 9 8 1. All mode keys blink three times, then after a few seconds the CBL key blinks twice.

PakMan
2006-06-14, 11:42 PM
On page 14 of my manual, just before the Code Tables there are the reset codes. To reset everything:

1. Press and hold Select and CBL, until all mode keys blink twice.

2. Press 9 8 1. All mode keys blink three times, then after a few seconds the CBL key blinks twice.
Thanks BUT if I did a RTFM then I would have found that the newer remotes on the 8300 have a volume lock default to TV for both CBL and TV so if you want to unlock it for a specific device you can.
It's tough trying to figure things out so late in the evening.
Darn young kids!:D

2006-06-15, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure if that's the case. I thought that if you set the STB to "variable" and had it set to "CBL", then the volume controls the STB. It's only if you press "TV" that it'll control the TV, or if you "migrate" the volume control to the other device(s) that it'll control those devices.

I have mine set up so that the power button turns on my TV and my STB, while the volume controls my A/V Receiver (all while staying on CBL)

jpei
2006-06-15, 09:40 PM
57, PakMan is referring to the new 5-device remote control (it can control 5 devices: CBL/TV/AUD/DVD/AUX). Its default setting is locking the volume control to TV mode, as stated in its manual: "On the Atlas Rogers DVR/PVR 5-Device Universal Remote Control, Global Volume Lock is set to TV,..."

PakMan
2006-06-16, 12:35 AM
57, PakMan is referring to the new 5-device remote control (it can control 5 devices: CBL/TV/AUD/DVD/AUX). Its default setting is locking the volume control to TV mode, as stated in its manual: "On the Atlas Rogers DVR/PVR 5-Device Universal Remote Control, Global Volume Lock is set to TV,..."
Isn't it nice of them to add yet another remote to the family. I have found that the new AUD can control my volume's receiver but I think I may have to invest in a Harmony one at some point. I think it is almost impossible to be totally rid of every remote.

2006-06-16, 11:27 AM
Sorry. I'm assuming you can "unlock" the setting from TV?

jpei
2006-06-16, 06:49 PM
Isn't it nice of them to add yet another remote to the family.
It certainly is. I guess this new remote also supports some newer TV/DVD/Amp models, as I found there are more entries in the code library.

Sorry. I'm assuming you can "unlock" the setting from TV?
You can. There is a code to lock the volume control to any device. I haven't tried it yet since I am perfectly fine with controling only TV's volume with the remote.

AK47
2006-08-06, 04:32 AM
You can. There is a code to lock the volume control to any device. I haven't tried it yet since I am perfectly fine with controling only TV's volume with the remote.

i cant control the volume on my panny plasma using the 8300hd remote

how do i unlock it to control the volume on the tv?

2006-08-06, 02:36 PM
First you have to input the code for the TV.

Then check to see that the volume works when you press the TV button first.

Then, you can look at the procedure in the Remote control's operating manual on how to set the volume to control a particular device, while remaining on the CBL button.

All of this is outlined in the operating manual for the remote control.

alexoren
2007-01-04, 04:32 AM
The Atlas does not seem to control the input switching of my Panasonic TV ("TV/Video" button on the original remote).

Am I missing something?

2007-01-04, 11:19 AM
This is quite typical - if you have tried all the buttons and all the codes. For that sort of functionality, you'll probably need something like a Harmony remote, unless someone here has found a code/button combination which works.

bimmer
2007-01-04, 12:22 PM
there's a really good flash based demo and code lookup tool here:

http://www.urcsupport.com/

grog
2007-01-04, 12:59 PM
FYI - the Atlas remote has a JP1 interface so you can actually do some very advanced programming with it, including applying custom codes to every button on the remote. However, JP1 programming can be quite complex so it's definitely not for everyone. For the average person it's much easier to do as 57 suggested and consider something like a Harmony remote.

If you want to find out more about JP1 programming this is a good place to start: http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/

You can also Google "jp1 remote" to find all sorts of info.

alexoren
2007-01-05, 03:04 AM
This is quite typical - if you have tried all the buttons and all the codes. For that sort of functionality, you'll probably need something like a Harmony remote, unless someone here has found a code/button combination which works.
Are you suggesting that some codes work partially?
I was under the impression it was an all or nothing deal.

2007-01-05, 03:29 AM
Not at all - all or nothing. Some codes for some equipment may only control the volume while another code may control volume, inputs, on/off, etc.

I have encountered this myself on my Yamaha receivers with different codes.

On some Samsung TV codes for example, the volume can be "quantized" (only go up one point at a time each time you press the volume up button) or "variable" going up for as long as you hold down the button depending on the code chosen.

alexoren
2007-01-06, 09:46 PM
OK, I went to the support site (http://www.ezremote.com/setupcodehelp/urcsupport/ModeSelect.php?product=UEI9RD60DWE1025&image=atlasdvr) and tried all the possible codes it suggested for the Panasonic CT-27D10D TV (Original remote is EUR511502).

Code 0250 works for all buttons except the "video source".
Code 0650 correctly programs the "video source" button to change the input but misses some of the other buttons.
All the other suggested codes either didn't work at all or worked partially.

Please advise.

(By the way, I do have a Harmony. The Atlas is the backup remote for when the kids/wife misplace the main one)

grog
2007-01-07, 05:38 PM
You've got a couple of options. You can try the code search method where the remote will cycle through every code in its database since there may be another code that works that isn't listed.

If that fails then another option is to set it up using both the codes you've found that work partially. Since 250 seems to work for most everything you'd want to assign that code to TV. Then you can program the AUX key as code 650 and switch to AUX when you want to change inputs. Not ideal but it will do the job and changing inputs is something you would do infrequently anyway.

Aside from that, your only other route would be the JP1 programming method I mentioned earlier but like I said that's a much more difficult process.