: remote codes

Pages : 1 [2]

alexoren
2007-01-08, 12:37 AM
You've got a couple of options. You can try the code search method where the remote will cycle through every code in its database since there may be another code that works that isn't listed.I'll try it.

If that fails then another option is to set it up using both the codes you've found that work partially. Since 250 seems to work for most everything you'd want to assign that code to TV. Then you can program the AUX key as code 650 and switch to AUX when you want to change inputs. Not ideal but it will do the job and changing inputs is something you would do infrequently anyway.No can do -- no free device slots (AUX controls the VCR).

Aside from that, your only other route would be the JP1 programming method I mentioned earlier but like I said that's a much more difficult process.Has anyone programmed the Atlas that way?

rimgrund
2007-01-09, 12:31 PM
I recently purchased the Yamaha HTR-5940 A/V receiver. I am having a problem getting my SA8300HD remote to power ON the HTR-5940. It can, however, power OFF the unit.

The remote control for the HTR-5940 has a separate 'power on' AND 'power off/standby' button so obviously the receiver needs a power on signal that is different from the power off signal (kind of strange to me!).

Does anyone with this receiver or any other Yamaha HTR-59XX receiver find a work-around for this with the SA8300HD remote?!? I'm not sure if this is something built into the remote, or if maybe one of the other buttons on the remote possible allows me to power on the unit. I have the remote control which controls 5 gadgets and have the 'day up' - 'day down' button.

Thanks in advance!!

Gino Cerullo
2011-12-17, 10:24 PM
Sorry to dig up this old thread but my brother just bought a Yamaha RX-671 Receiver (http://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rxv-series/rx-v671_black_c/?mode=model) and is experiencing the same behaviour as described by 57 and rimgrund. The Rogers remote will turn off the Yamaha receiver and control the volume but it will not turn it on. Have either of you found work arounds or codes that work properly with the Yamaha?

The remote is the Rogers OCAP DVR 1056 shown on this page (http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225) that comes with the Rogers Cisco Explorer Cable Box 4642HD.

outeast
2011-12-24, 01:58 PM
Hi There:

Possibly a little off topic, but I just got a new 32 inch RCA tv
(Model #RLC3257B) as a gift. I would like to program my Rogers universal remote to work with it, but am having no luck.

I've tried all of the RCA codes (as well as Curtis codes as they now own RCA) and then tried the manual search function on the Rogers remote until my arm got tired, but nothing is working. Some of the codes seem to show they are registering (2 blinks instead of a long blink), but it still won't turn the tv off.

Is there any other way to find out what the 4-digit code for the tv is? Would love any suggestion at this point.
Thanks.

2011-12-24, 02:11 PM
Make sure you're looking in the correct section of the User Guide for the TV remote codes - there are several sections - TV, DLP, HDTV, etc. Use "TV". There are about 21 codes under RCA/TV and 17 for Curtis/Mathes in my particular user guide (Atlas 5) - did you try all those?

Try Thomson codes as well..

Here's the URC website, put in the appropriate Provider, remote, TV make/model, etc and they'll give you a code.

http://www.urcsupport.com/#

My search told me to try 0047 - have you tried that one? See if it controls the TV volume when you have the code entered...

Useful Post to check out when you have time: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

outeast
2011-12-25, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the link. That website certainly looks like a valuable resource. I get 0047 as the correct code too and that IS the first code listed in the manual. I have tried all of the codes listed, but still nothing. I'm going to get a hold of another universal remote and try that. Maybe this tv is just not compatible with the Rogers remote?

Thanks again anyway.