: Shaw HDTV in Kelowna?

Poopie D
2003-01-06, 08:58 PM
I am dying for some inside info on when the 5100 is coming to Kelowna. I have had my HDTV for over two years and I have never seen a HDTV picture on it!!!!

The CSR's never seem to know...even the Techs seem to be in the dark

Alan Bealby
2003-01-06, 11:57 PM
I'm in Kelowna too and have had my HDTV ready TV for over 2 and a half years so I know how you feel about the lack of HDTV on cable. One thing I have noted though about Shaw's HDTV offering in Calgary and Vanouver. They don't have a movie channel with HDTV offerings. I assume that is due to Movie Central not getting into HDTV.

Anybody hear anything about Movie Central plans or lack of plans for HDTV?

My main interest in HDTV is for movies without commercial interruptions so I wouldn't be satified with what Shaw is offering now anyway.

I did break down and buy a JVC D-VHS VCR along with a half dozen movies. I can at last watch HDTV but at great expense. Hoipefully this will take the pressure off of getting HDTV from Shaw for awhile.

Poopie D
2003-01-07, 10:58 PM
Does anywhere in town rent D-VHS movies??

Alan Bealby
2003-01-07, 11:07 PM
Does anywhere in town rent D-VHS movies??

Not that I am aware. Neither buy or rent. I got my mine by ordering over the Internet. I ordered two from two Canadian sites and two from a US site. The two Canadian sites did not have any in stock so it took a couple of weeks for the first two and an additonal week for the remaining two. The US site shipped within a day but took a week to get here.