: SA 8300HD zoom feature

Ghost
2005-12-31, 08:12 PM
Is it possible to move picture up and down when using zoom on 8300HD ?

jlet
2006-01-01, 07:57 AM
Only if your TV provides the feature. Mine does - check yours.

schrumby
2006-01-01, 09:58 AM
There is a zoom feature on the 8300HD box? How do you operate it? I wasn't aware it had this feature.

nathan
2006-01-01, 11:34 AM
There is a zoom feature on the 8300HD box? How do you operate it? I wasn't aware it had this feature.
I don't think they've ever really documented it all that well, but I believe the '#' activates the zoom function on the SA boxes.

Which should be obvious to anyone, because when I see a key marked with a pound-sign I, of course, think zoom. Sheesh. :)

Ghost
2006-01-01, 01:30 PM
Only if your TV provides the feature. Mine does - check yours.

TV has this feature and I can use TV zoom and move picture on SD channels only. On HD channels I have to use zoom feature of the box but I don't know how to move the picture up and down when using it.

2006-01-01, 03:30 PM
You can't use the SA STB to move the picture up/down.

I believe the "#" key is documented in the operating manual.

Also you can click settings button once and scroll up to picture size.

I always go through ALL of my User settings on all my electronics to see what all the functions do, to ensure that they are properly set up. I don't know why other people are not as curious, but they don't use their electronics to their fullest I guess. ;)

jlet
2006-01-01, 06:33 PM
Ghost, on my Sony TV, it's under Menu > Setup > Vertical Correction.

JoeSoap
2006-01-01, 09:09 PM
I believe the "#" key is documented in the operating manual.

That is true but I don't think Rogers lets us know that there is a manual. If they do tell us, it wasn't obvious to me. I found out about the # key either directly from your faq or indirectly from your faq that pointed to the manual.

Ghost
2006-01-01, 10:00 PM
Ghost, on my Sony TV, it's under Menu > Setup > Vertical Correction.

Unfortunatelly Panasonic plasmas are not allowing to change aspect ratio on HD channels and all my zoom settings to move picture up and down are greyed out on HD programming

jlet
2006-01-02, 02:36 PM
Ghost, on my TV, the "Vertical Correction" parameter is global and is under a different menu. In HD mode, all my zoom settings (including Vertical Center) are greyed out just like on your TV. You need to look for a similar parameter but in a different menu (other than the screen zoom menu).

Ghost
2006-01-02, 03:13 PM
You need to look for a similar parameter but in a different menu (other than the screen zoom menu).

I don't see a point of looking for something different in the menu of the TV (although I looked through all of them) because in my case the only way to zoom HD channel is to use the cable box, not the TV, but there are no settings on the box to move zoomed picture.
And 57 confirmed that SA STB can't move zoomed picture