: GTA - Detroit HD Signals to be Buffalo HD Signals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

hugh
2005-09-22, 12:37 PM
Received a card in the mail today that "Effective on or about Septemer 21st", the signals for HD for the U.S. networks will move from Detroit to Buffalo.

The change is required by the CRTC.

I haven't seen the changes in my neighbourhood, anybody else?

otown47
2005-09-22, 01:27 PM
I hope this is TO only. The Detroit HD stations are relatively stable. Why would the CRTC want to make changes. Will this affect bandwidth. It this just Rogers or satellite as well

hugh
2005-09-22, 02:28 PM
deleted some posts because I edited the title. I assume this is GTA only since it only applies to markets where Buffalo is the local U.S. network affiliates.

thenewdc
2005-09-22, 03:27 PM
WIVB-HD still has all kinds of problems with audio dropouts and video freeze-ups on certain shows. There are many customers who will not be happy about this.

hugh
2005-09-22, 03:31 PM
thenewdc, there is absolutely nothing Rogers can do about this one.

I recommend members contact the CRTC and/or the station if problems arise.

hugh
2005-09-22, 06:27 PM
posts deleted. Can we please stop with the CRTC sucks comments. They add nothing to this thread and they're tiresome.

If you wish to discuss CRTC policies then please use the What's On TV forum or the General Digital and Cable forum.

I'm tired of the hijacking of threads and constant "CRTC sucks" comments. If you have nothing to contribute then please don't post.

bigoranget
2005-09-22, 06:47 PM
Actually Rogers will probably pull WNLO-DT's signal for CBS-HD as that signal is completely stable from what I've been told. It's my understanding that WNLO-DT is broadcasting CBS-HD too because of the problems with WIVB-DT's signal.

nathan
2005-09-22, 06:55 PM
In K-W we've never had detroit stations (uh, other than the HD channels obviously! :), it's always been Buffalo, so is it safe to say that we'll get the change too?

I'm not entirely concerned either way as long as the quality is roughly the same.

2005-09-22, 07:17 PM
When I record something on these (major US) networks, I usually use the Seattle channels ;)

hugh
2005-09-22, 07:28 PM
nathan, I imagine you will get Buffalo, however, I got a card in the mail telling me this.

Did anyone else get the card?

nfitz
2005-09-22, 07:57 PM
nathan, I imagine you will get Buffalo, however, I got a card in the mail telling me this.

Did anyone else get the card?I didn't ... I assume that I won't have been switched over then ... (ha, ha ....).

Nick

intrac
2005-09-22, 08:22 PM
Got the card today and I'm disappointed. It means the loss of a choice of other football games, and the possibility now of simsubbing on HD, the same as on analog.

I've got OTA by antenna, and just to provide more HD content, bought an SA3250HD from Rogers.

JCL
2005-09-22, 08:28 PM
Got the card today and I'm disappointed. It means the loss of a choice of other football games, and the possibility now of simsubbing on HD, the same as on analog.

I've got OTA by antenna, and just to provide more HD content, bought an SA3250HD from Rogers.

It's Sep 22nd, the changes have not occured.

nfitz
2005-09-22, 11:41 PM
It's Sep 22nd, the changes have not occured.Unfortunately ... I see NBC Detroit messed up their HD signal yet again. I haven't had reason to watch this channel since May ... but I'm recording ER right now, and guess what ... letterobox and pillarbox again ... guess I should record off CTV! Big huge graphic warning about the weather too ...

Personally, I'd prefer to see the local stations anyways. It's a shame to lose some of the non-network programming ... but we all knew that this would be temporary until the local stations got their HD going properly ...

Could be worse ... could be living in Buffalo ... they don't even get the Seattle HD stations on cable there! Nor the Canadian, AFAIK.

Nick

nathan
2005-09-22, 11:45 PM
Unfortunately ... I see NBC Detroit messed up their HD signal yet again. I haven't had reason to watch this channel since May ... but I'm recording ER right now, and guess what ... letterobox and pillarbox again ...
I assume it was that way because of the weather bug. AFAIK, they (as in that station) don't have HD overlay capabilities, and as such, have to resort to a 4x3 signal at such time.

Not saying that that's always the reason, but in this case, it's fairly forgivable.

Wayne
2005-09-23, 12:30 AM
Got my card today. It also mentions that SUNHD (FKA Toronto One) will be soon available and it is now there. I believe they also mention another HD station as well.

SMCKINNON24
2005-09-23, 04:58 AM
I beleive that the other channel for HD they are launching is HD WGN & HD UPN

JCL
2005-09-23, 07:35 AM
Got my card today. It also mentions that SUNHD (FKA Toronto One) will be soon available and it is now there. I believe they also mention another HD station as well.

HDSUN is now available. Not much HD programming except for a Yoga program at 6:00 in the morning, .... so far.

otown47
2005-09-23, 07:56 AM
HDSUN is now available. Not much HD programming except for a Yoga program at 6:00 in the morning, .... so far.

Yes the Yoga babe is hot...nice tat on her upper leg.....

JCL
2005-09-23, 08:14 AM
The switch to Buffalo has been made as of Friday morning. HDNBC now has grey bars on the sides for SD programming. Yikes!