: Star Trek IV-VI Special Collectors Editions???

bolmsted
2002-10-23, 09:05 AM
Does anybody know if there will be "Special Collectos Editions" of the 4th - 6th movies?

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)

I think there was another release :evil: of the box set of all the ST movies (original + next generation) released yesterday. I believe it had the Special Collectors Editions of 1-3, regular 4-6 and ST:TNG movies up to this coming "Nemesis" due this fall. So I'm beginning to doubt if they will do new releases of IV-VI.

I didn't look too closely though as I have some of the movies already (ST I,II and now III and ST:TNG box set).

I guess I could go ask "Norm" (Wilner) over in alt.video.dvd but I haven't been following that closely for a while (thanks to DHC :D )

NormL
2002-10-23, 12:35 PM
Yes, there will be "Special Editions" of all the Trek movies. Star Trek IV is suppoosed to come out next February if my memory serves. This is from Martin Blythe of Paramount.

I've heard that Trek's IV and V may special Director's cuts, like they did with I and II. Nothing confirmed yet though.

NormL
2002-10-24, 09:37 PM
Strange how my previous message has not shown up as a reply on the main forum page.

Hugh, a glitch???

sleemo
2002-10-25, 08:42 AM
Your previous message got doubled up some how. I deleted the duplicate. Maybe that caused a glitch somewhere?