: 9200 Questions for those looking to buy or rent

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

aporter0509
2005-11-24, 09:53 PM
I am currently a BEV subscriber with two 3100's in Ontario.
I also am also a valid Dish Netwwork HD subscriber at our home in Arizona.
I want to be able to receive BEV and Dish signals in AZ preferably with a PVR.

1. Are BEV and Dish HD PVR's the same box?
2. If so, assuming two dishes were installed could I just change cards to go from one service to the other?

If my assumptions above are wrong, what would the best way to view both networks?

Spidinator
2005-11-30, 11:50 PM
I apologize if this has been covered but i searched the forums and couldnt find anything on it. I would just like to know that you have that option like the shaw 6412 that way you dont have to worry about being home and recording your shows all the time you just know it will record. by the sounds of what i have read bell only goes ahead 3 hours which doesnt leave a lot of freedom. can anyone clarify this for me?

JohnnyCanuck7
2005-12-01, 01:57 AM
Where is a good place to pick up an HDMI wire? And what kind of price should one pay?

Bestbuy.ca and Futureshop.ca has an AR (aucostic research) 2M HDMI for $50, it's a reasonable price for a quality HDMI cable.

There are cheaper knock off versions that can be bought at stores like www.ncix.com that will suit the Bell 9220 fine although it may not be completely up to HDMI spec for future signals (like 1080p, etc.) but then again there is some confusion as to a lot of HDMI upgradibility issues (like HD-DTS, HD-DD, 1080p, etc.).

One thing is for sure, do NOT buy the $200 Monster HDMI cable unless you really feel the need to waste $150 of your hard earned money.

JohnnyCanuck7
2005-12-01, 02:02 AM
I am new to the group. I called Bell and was informed I can't purchase the 9200 because of high demand they are rental only. When asked when would they receive others, no one could give me a date. I am furious, because existing customers that have been loyal to them are being punished. This makes bad business sense. They didn't come right out and say that you can no longer purchase them but it seems rental only is where they are headed. I can't imagine why they would rather loose their base of loyal customers. Does anyone know if you can buy a USA Dish receiver942 (same as 9200) and hook up to Bell expressvu? I am going to US soon and would pick one up there. Thanks.

Sure Bell has more HD channels than Shaw, but their customer service is ATROCIOUS! Imagine the gall of them to tell existing (e.g. loyal) customers that sorry, we can't give you a 9220 receiver because we are saving them for new rental subscribers. WTF! (This message is coming from a dual Bell/Shaw subscriber but I won't be a Bell subscriber when my contract runs out).

It's a good thing Bell doesn't have a monopoly on TV services in B.C....

Coolhandbud
2005-12-02, 10:42 AM
I apologize if this has been covered but i searched the forums and couldnt find anything on it. I would just like to know that you have that option like the shaw 6412 that way you dont have to worry about being home and recording your shows all the time you just know it will record. by the sounds of what i have read bell only goes ahead 3 hours which doesnt leave a lot of freedom. can anyone clarify this for me?

Hey,
The guide shows 3 days of programming, the 3 hours is just your view of the guide page. You have the ability to record a show once, daily, weekly or Monday to Friday. So providing there are no time slot changes ... no problem.;)

peace -chb

Glenn Saunders
2005-12-06, 12:52 PM
I would just like to know that you have that option like the shaw 6412 that way you dont have to worry about being home and recording your shows all the time you just know it will record. by the sounds of what i have read bell only goes ahead 3 hours which doesnt leave a lot of freedom. can anyone clarify this for me?

Not familar with the Shaw 6412, but I can tell you that you have the option to record a show once, weekly, or Monday to Friday. There may be another option but I don't use it.

So once you have your shows programmed into the unit you're good to go. Works great! I usually record most programs from the eastern feed and then watch them toward the middle of the evening in the west while cutting out the commericals.

Glenn

mdb
2005-12-08, 05:45 PM
If anyone is looking for the 9200 in the Ottawa area, I picked one up at the Best Buy on Merivale Rd. yesterday. They had 3 or 4 more on display but the salesman told me they wouldn't last long.

s21477
2005-12-12, 08:27 PM
???

Thanks

FortMacDude
2005-12-13, 04:35 PM
s21477 : The 9200 has a hard drive, it does not have a CD-RW. You can connect a DVD recorder (or VCR) to TV2 output and record material that way if you want to download material off your hard drive.

There's a number of threads in the forum on how to connect a DVD recorder(or VHS) to a 9200 and other similar set-top boxes if you do a search.

BaldWookie
2005-12-14, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a 9200 system from in the GTA, for an existing customer. I've spent the better part of the last two weeks fighting with Bell to sell me one and none of the stores in the Oakville/Burlington area seem to have any in stock or on order.
Any help is much appreciated!:confused:

Illusion
2005-12-29, 12:23 AM
Is there a way to take the recorded programs from the hard drive and transfer them on to a computer to burn to a dvd?

I am a shift work and like to stock up on programs to watch when I am on graves.

s21477
2005-12-29, 09:43 AM
Not that I'm aware of, but you can always buy one of these

http://www.onhometheater.com/product/pics/panasonic_dmr_e100hs.jpg

Panasonic DMR-E100HS Progressive-Scan DVD Recorder/PVR with 120GB Hard Drive

Santa brought one of these for my buddy, hooked up to his 6100 and works great.

North_of_Calgary
2005-12-29, 03:58 PM
Or you can buy a cheap DVD writer (without internal HDD) for as little as $70. Regardless, you will have to "play" the program on the 9200 so you can record it on the DVD burner. The same process as transferring to a VCR.

Unfortunately you can't just transfer the files directly from the PVR disk to the a DVD or computer.

Illusion
2005-12-29, 07:40 PM
Thats what I figuered. Thanks looks like I am getting the HD PRV and then getting a cheap burner.

North_of_Calgary
2005-12-29, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I'm tempted to go that route myself. A higher end DVD recorder is definitely nice, but since you have invested already in the PVR functionality of the satellite receiver, having a fancy DVD recorder with built in HDD and PVR functionality would be redundant. Since you would only be using for archiving and not really PVR functionality, probably a bare-bones DVD recorder would suffice.

I can't remember where, but I did see one last week for only $68. I'm somewhat confident that it was at the new Airdrie Superstore.

CatKing
2006-01-18, 06:36 AM
just call bell yesterday, for existing customers, you can buy the 9200 receiver directly from bell or bell store. they have stock for sale right now.

madace
2006-01-21, 12:56 PM
just call bell yesterday, for existing customers, you can buy the 9200 receiver directly from bell or bell store. they have stock for sale right now.

I called them today to order and they are sold out again. She told me to try mid week.

MAdace

Mikeleelop
2006-02-03, 06:53 PM
I don't know if this is happening everywhere or not, but I called Bell World in St. Catharines, ON Tues. this week to see if they had any 9200 in stock. They put me on a waiting list and called three days later when one came into their store. I went to pick it up today fully expecting to have to rent it. The clerk said it would be $689, no rental !!!

I didn't ask any questions.

scrooloose
2006-02-11, 06:18 PM
Was in a Bell store today in Hamilton and they had 8 9200's for sale as well as some 4120's. I couldn't tell if the 9200's were for new or existing customers though.The local Future Shop had some 9200's and 4100's as well. Looks like stock is picking up again.

-Mike

whiskey41
2006-02-14, 10:13 AM
I got a call from a Bell store in Sherwood Park (Edmonton) last week that they had the 9200's in. I had put my name on the waiting list in October! I had since purchased one over the phone from Bell, so my buddy took this one. This was a 9200 branded unit for existing subs, but he is a new sub. No problem for him to purchase the unit at $599 + Gouge and Screw Tax.