: CFTO-DT Toronto: PSIP Data Messing Up Your Tuner?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

stampeder
2005-10-17, 01:49 PM
I've relocated a bunch of posts regarding MCE and PC OTA problems into their own thread. My hope is that a significant amount of reports will help any ATI or Microsoft DHCers to submit them into their bug report systems.

This thread will stick with PSIP problems in general, mostly as experienced through set top or built in ATSC tuners.

TelSat
2005-12-20, 08:26 PM
I have the DSR-550 I get 95% signal on channel 40 on the aim antenna screen but I don't get the channel at all.
I also noticed that I have channel 9-1 maybe that is the mapped channel but I get "No signal received on local channel 9-1 Please try again later"
I don't know if it is a psip data corruption or something of that matter.
I get everything else depending on the position of the antena (manually done inside my apartment)

TelSat

stampeder
2005-12-21, 03:02 AM
DHCer TelSat is a Motorola DSR-550 STB owner, and it seems that his negative experiences with receiving CFTO-DT from the CN Tower are very similar to those of ATI HDTV Wonder card owners. Also davejcb from Welland might be having the same problem but we're trying out some other things in his case first.

I don't own either the ATI or DSR-550 product, but I would be very interested to find out if Motorola uses the same demodulator chipset. I rather doubt it since Motorola generally uses its own ASICs, but sometimes they use 3rd party stuff. If someone is comfortable with popping open the lid and writing down all the info on the chips we might see a similarity. The Motorola DSR-550 might have a NxtWave NXT-200X chip, which ATI now owns and which they themselves may have used on the HDTV Wonder card.

A LOT of information is shared between companies implementing the ATSC standard, so it might be possible that there is a problem that some of the manufacturers share even if they're using different chipsets.

audiohead
2005-12-25, 03:39 PM
For months I could not get a picture on CTV even though I had a good signal strength of 85% on my ATI HDWonder card. Today I was flicking through the channels and guess what... It's back!

Thank you Santa!

plutoz
2005-12-30, 09:29 AM
I will have to give mine a try again tonight. I haven't been using my OTA setup as much over the last month or two, too many other new toys to play with.

stampeder
2005-12-31, 03:15 PM
For months I could not get a picture on CTV even though I had a good signal strength of 85% on my ATI HDWonder card. Today I was flicking through the channels and guess what... It's back!Probably multipath issues - which antenna are you using?

audiohead
2005-12-31, 04:37 PM
I have a Channel Master 4242 about 30' high.

johnnysmoke
2005-12-31, 09:37 PM
Nope, definitely not multipath. It looks like a change was made at the source allowing the ATI HDWonder to tune in 40-1. 9-1 is still audio-only however.

poisson
2006-01-11, 09:49 PM
So some of us can tune this channel in, and others still can't? I've recently moved and can no longer tune in ABC and NBC, so there are some shows I need CTV to pickup. I'll have to give this a shot tonight.

fish

Kenbo
2006-01-12, 01:36 PM
For months I could not get a picture on CTV even though I had a good signal strength of 85% on my ATI HDWonder card. Today I was flicking through the channels and guess what... It's back!What channel and frequency settings did you use? Are you receiving this inside Windows MCE?

audiohead
2006-01-12, 09:03 PM
I'm not usiing MCE, I tried that route 6 months ago and went though hell to get it working only I had no idea how to get it to search for DTV stations out side the area you destinate it to be in. ATI's program on Windows XP Home is to quirky also.
I stumbled across this great program some guy developed using the HD Wonders drivers, called "WatchHDTV". I don't think this program works with MCE though. Even with this program I could not get CTV although I had great signal strength. Like I said, come Xmas day there it was.
I receive CTV on RF-40, CH-9-1

Here is the link to WatchHDTV website get it while its free
http://mysite.verizon.net/watchhdtv/home/watchhdtv.html

stampeder
2006-01-13, 01:19 PM
Kenbo and Audiohead, can you post that great info in the MCE-related thread in the HTPC Forum instead - we need to redirect this thread back to CFTO and ATSC tuners in general. I'll leave your 2 posts here as well just for general info to others.

cheers,
stampeder

BillyK
2006-02-16, 02:52 PM
TelSat,

I just picked up a DSR-550, and I was having troubles picking up CFTO also. I get 95% signal strength, but it does not lock into the channel.

Have you figured out how to resolve this issue? I wonder whether moving to an outdoor antenna would help; I'm using an indoor Nexxtech 15-1880 now.

Thanks for your advice,

Rob in Courtice
2006-04-04, 02:44 PM
Hi all, is anyone else having trouble getting CFTO from toronto?
I had it a couple of weeks ago, then I lost the video. The audio comes in
great on the ati player, but alas no video. If I use watchhdtv, I get a
signal streangh of 66%, but no audio or video. After 2 weeks of waiting, (to
check if it was them) thought I'd ask here before I try playing with the ATI
software (always an adventure).

The Buffalo stations come in great (PBS, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc)

Other toronto stations come in fine (CBC and CITY) No sun or cfto, anyone
else havig probs?

TIA

................Rob

Tom.F.1
2006-04-04, 04:07 PM
Rob,
I'll refer you to an old thread called "CFTO-DT Toronto: PSIP Data Messing Up Your Tuner?" Page 2 of the OTA forum?
A lot of people still have problems with cfto on the ATI and samsung etc., etc. There were some workaround solutions suggested.
I don't know why it happens on some tuners but not others.

Rob in Courtice
2006-04-04, 05:30 PM
Hi Tom, I did search and found a lot of frustration about it, odd though I had it, then lost it (I guess im not the first). Odd thing for me is that I get the audio on one program but nothing on the other. (66% on both meters) But before I get too involved thought I'd check and see if cfto is ok, or is it just me.

OTA hdtv seems perfect for a computer, (there both great time-wasters) :D
It IS a thing of beauty when it works.

Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if this was an ongoing thread.
..........Rob

z0z0
2006-04-20, 03:40 PM
On my RCA ATSC11 STB CTV comes in properly on 9-1 but on my HP PL4200N it shows up on 40-4.

dcorreia
2006-05-07, 09:21 PM
Is it just me or is my receiver broken or is cfto's psip or something acting up, this receiver samsung t-351 (maybe?) forgot ch 9-1 and on ch40-1 it keeps reloading screen like... says caption and tv channel number and goes on and off, any ideas?

dcorreia
2006-05-07, 09:31 PM
Found working channel 40-3 :mad:

rob50312
2006-05-07, 11:29 PM
Yes cfto is having psip problems again .Going to 40-3.We don't bother to watch Cfto-dt much.No guide info.