: LG Divx Model : LRH-539

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

dms100tech
2005-10-10, 10:36 PM
Hi
Any one considering this unit LRH-539 should also have a look at a Zenith ZRH-516, also available at Future shop for $449.00. Since LG and Zenith are the same company they sell similar products under both names. The ZRH-516 is virtually identical to the LG LRH-539, except it only has an 80 Gig hard drive and does not have the memory cards slots. You can compare the two units by downloading both user manuals from the LG Canada site.
http://ca.lge.com/en/proddivergent.do?actType=search&categoryId=0302&modelCategoryId=&parentId=03
Any posted comments/reviews on the LG LRH-539 will most likely apply to the Zenith ZRH-516 also. I think the LG unit is over priced at $699.00 since it has no Guide Plus or VCR+. The Zenith unit is a good value at $ 449.00. Future Shop had the Zenith units on sale for $349.00, even a better value, however the promotion ended on Oct 06, 2005. I managed to get one on back order and will let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Linuz
2005-10-24, 07:00 PM
Hi,

I have recently buy Zenith ZRH-516 from Futureshop at very interesting price (349.99$). I'm very sastisfied by this unit.

This HDD Recorder have the same fonction as the LG-LRH-539 except the hard disk which is smaller and not have memory card reader.

My question is, it is possible to put a larger hard drive in my Zenith unit ?
Or if the size of supported Hard disk drive is fixed in factory ?

Did somebody already try to make the modification in HDD Recorder ?

Thanks

Joesmithers
2005-11-15, 02:35 AM
Did somebody already try to make the modification in HDD Recorder ?

Thanks

Yes, I put in a 400gb WD 5400rpm hdd into my Zenith. It now sees 198 hours in HQ mode and 552 hours in EQ mode. Same goes for the Liteon LVW-5025GHC+.

My only complaint about both the LG and Zenith units, is that when you edit out parts of your recording, you cannot do a highspeed dub to DVDR/DVDRW.

I could with my old Pioneer 510H though, before it died on me.

wantapvr
2005-11-17, 06:46 PM
For the LG or Zenith, can these just be connected to cable and have its own guide automatically? Can it do a one touch record on a future dated show?

jp103
2005-11-17, 07:56 PM
I just bought the machine and cant get it to play my divx cd-rs. Comes up as a data disc. can anyone help?

selfy
2005-11-17, 09:16 PM
I just bought the machine and cant get it to play my divx cd-rs. Comes up as a data disc. can anyone help?

Were they encoded with the QPEL option? My Zenith won't play them.

jlphotog
2005-11-18, 12:55 AM
Forgive me for going a little of topic here, but I am a new member and can not start my own thread yet.

I recently picked up a ZRH-516, everything has worked great so far until tonight. I'm sure it's my fault but I can't figure it out.

I recorded something to the hard drive and I am trying to dub it to a DVD. I've tried two different DVD's, the one that came with the unit, the LG DVD-RW and a Verbatim DVD+RW and have had no luck with either.

According to page 53 of the manual, once I have selected the title I want to dub, I press "enter" then "dubbing" and the dubbing menu should appear. However when I select "dubbing" I get a box that says "Change the recordable disc." which has a button on it that says "Yes" when I select that it goes back to the "dubbing" button.

Did I miss something? I can't find anything in the manual about this.

Thanks

morningwood
2005-11-18, 01:20 AM
Does anybody know if it has DV output via firewire?

jlphotog
2005-11-18, 10:12 AM
I answered my own question. Yes I did miss something. I neglected to initialize the disc. Once that was done (took aprox. one minute) everything worked flawlessly.

jp103
2005-11-18, 09:06 PM
Were they encoded with the QPEL option? My Zenith won't play them.

I downloaded the file off my news server. they are already encoded and play on my stand alone player. I can't get it to play off a cd r or a dvd + or - disc. The main reason I bought this model was for the divx playback. I dont want to have to re encode every file just to have it play on the machine. I was hoping for a fix of some sort or maybe I set the machine up wrong?

JohnnyRSX
2005-11-19, 02:43 PM
Hi, I have a question regarding the Zenith DVD Recorder ZRH-516.

First is if there is component out, second is the DVD writer Dual Layer compatible, and third is the player progressive scan. Thanks!!!

Hothersale
2005-11-24, 08:07 PM
I've ordered the ZRH-516, but the s-video issue still really bugs me. I've got little kids, so I really can't have a cable sticking out of the front of the unit.

Do you think it would it be possible to rewire the unit so that the S-video input is in the back? The connector is the same, so wouldn't it just be a matter of disconnecting the front input and running some new wires to the connector in the back? Would I also have to re-wire the other front inputs to the back panel too?

I don't have much experience soldering, but how hard can it be? ;) (Famous last words.)

Maybe someone who has already opened their ZRH-516 or LRH-539 could open up their box and see if it is doable?

Hothersale
2005-11-24, 08:09 PM
Hi, I have a question regarding the Zenith DVD Recorder ZRH-516.

First is if there is component out, second is the DVD writer Dual Layer compatible, and third is the player progressive scan. Thanks!!!

I believe the answer to all three questions is yes. The unit is not advertised as able to burn D/L, but I've heard it works.

joelsaacks
2005-11-28, 09:42 AM
Hi,

I have the RH-7624 model. It doesn't seem to have .MPG playback. (Just .AVI) The player doesn't even list them.
Has anyone found a way around this ?

Thanks

febsubbu
2005-11-30, 12:02 AM
Yes, I put in a 400gb WD 5400rpm hdd into my Zenith. It now sees 198 hours in HQ mode and 552 hours in EQ mode. Same goes for the Liteon LVW-5025GHC+.

My only complaint about both the LG and Zenith units, is that when you edit out parts of your recording, you cannot do a highspeed dub to DVDR/DVDRW.

I could with my old Pioneer 510H though, before it died on me.

HI Joesmithers. I am planning to buy the Liteon LVW-5025GHC+ DVD Recorder. I am in USA now. Do you have any idea from where can I buy this product. Pls reply me to my email id: febsubbu@yahoo.com. THx in advance.

JohnnyRSX
2005-12-01, 09:08 PM
Hello, I have just purchased the Zenith ZRH-516 and tried all of the features. It seems like an excellent recorder for the price ($359.99 on sale FS). My question is, can you connect the unit directly from the digital output of a set-top-box or do you have to go through the built in tuner using coax. I notice a bit of loss in video & audio going through the tuner.

Thanks!!!!

kmuzaini
2005-12-11, 08:04 AM
Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I am really interested to buy LRH-539 recorder from LG, but I am wondering if this unit support PAL DVDs????!! If no, anybody has any idea about another DVD recorder which support PAL or in another word Multi-system or Multi-tuner DVD (NTSC, PAL)??

Regards,

Victoria, BC
Canada,

icu_nxtime
2005-12-15, 11:37 AM
When I set timer record sometimes it will record only for 4 min 11 sec sometimes for 41 min 11 sec. I see a pattern here !!! Then the unit just ends the recording and I don't get the whole show?

Anyone else have a similar issue. I suspect hard drive sectors but not sure. I would like to do a factory restore but don't know if it will format the HD or not when it does it.

Anyone ???

New Scott
2005-12-16, 12:29 PM
hi, I just got the LRH-539 and I am having a problem with "fast mode" I did read pages 52-53 of the manual but no matter what I do I never get option to dub from HDD to DVD in fast mode. any ideas?

Rex1
2005-12-16, 05:46 PM
I second kmuzaini's question about pal dvds on the Zenith ZRH-516 or the LRH-539?

Also, does anyone know how you go about transfering data (Divx etc) from a pc to the ZRH-516 or LRH-539? can you have to take the HD out and plug it into an external USB HD enclosure and then load movies onto it from a pc? or can it be done whilst the HD is in situ in the machine?

My final question is: has anyine any experience of hooking either machine up to Rogers cable and getting it to read the schedule information (tv guide)?

Many thanks for comments in advance.