: Favorite Concert DVDs?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

testikoff
2006-03-17, 11:31 AM
My current favorite concert DVDs:

VA - Concert for George (amazingly inspired performances throughout)
ELO - Zoom Live (great setlist and masterful performance from Jeff Lynne & Co)
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over (a true classic)
David Gilmour - Live In Concert (great music, picture and sound)

RRH
2006-04-06, 12:19 PM
Got A new one to add to my list, Picked Up The Dobbie Brothers
Live at Wolf Trail (2004) for ten Bucks yesterday, OH boy What an Great concert DVD Picture and Sound are both awesome, if you are a old Doobies Fan Its a deffinate must have in you collection.

retroboy32
2006-04-11, 05:08 PM
Gotta say, I just read the entire 17 pages and was surprised to see U2 Go Home- Live from Slane Castle only mentioned twice. It is amazing: 16x9 and DTS absolutely amazing. If you haven't seen it... I highly recommend it.

So.. here are my faves, in no particular order:

U2: Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
Sarah McLaughlin - Afterglow
Roy Orbison - Black and White Night (Billy Idol is in the audience)
DMB - Live in Central Park
Sting - Brand New Day
Blue Man Group - The Complex Rock Tour
Tragically Hip - That Night in Toronto
and lastly, one that no one has mentioned
Linkin Park - Live in Texas

Thanks to this forus my zip list has just increased by about 40 titles.
____________________________________________________________ __

Panasonic PT-AE700, Panasonic DVD-S97, Denon AVR 3805
Klipsch 1 x RC25, 2 x RF25, 2 x RS25

bigb
2006-05-07, 12:03 AM
I think the best one that I have purchased to date would be The Eagles - The Farewell Tour live from Melbourne Both the Audio (DTS) and video are realy well done. My favourite track would be "In the City" Also the SNL 25 Years of Music collection is pretty well done. Covers everything from Carly Simon in the 70's to the Backstreet Boys in the 90's. I was surprised with the audio quality as well. Not the best I have ever heard, but considering a lot of the recordings are really old, it is pretty good.

bigb

skypilot
2006-05-07, 11:44 AM
I am waiting for the new Coldplay DVD, which was during their X&Y tour and filmed in TO. I saw 'em in Auburn Hills; other than being a little on the short side (95 minues), they were incredible! Here's wagering that the DVD captures something of the magic <fingers crossed>.

QuickSilver
2006-05-07, 11:54 AM
If you can get your hands on the Coldplay - Live in Glastonbury do it. Very well filmed and the song list is great. It is a PAL dvd but i had no problem using some tools to make it work find in my suv and HT.

Craigsamuel
2006-07-14, 04:42 PM
What is the best Crosby,Stills, Nash DVD and what is the best Eric Clapton one in your opinion?

Also,
My fave Concert DVD remains "In the Flesh" by Roger Waters.
Still have seen nothing like it ...

fuzzy32
2006-07-15, 07:35 AM
The new Pink Floyd DVD 'PULSE' sounds amazing. The PQ sucks since it was shot on video and is 4x3. (Concert is from 1994) But back to the audio, it is available in a DD 5.1/640 kbps stream which simply sounds awesome.

The concert itself is pretty amazing. Made me wish I had seen this show when it came to Exhibition Stadium in Toronto in 1994.

Craigsamuel
2006-07-15, 12:36 PM
I saw the Pink Floyd concert back then. Funny enough, I think that was the last thing I saw at Exhibition Stadium. It was great but like the DVD the Picture quality sucked....A football stadium is no place for Pink Floyd.

Saw Roger Waters in 2002 at Molson Ampitheatre and to this day it was the best I have ever felt at a concert. Chills the whole night in disbelievement of the experience.

You should get Tix to the Sept. 20th Roger Waters concert if you can at the ACC this fall.

Anyways,
cheers,
Craig

Mole
2006-07-15, 08:28 PM
Richard Thompson, 1000 Years of Popular Music.

Playboy magazine asked him for the best songs of the last 1000 years and he took them seriously.

timbo
2006-07-16, 05:09 AM
In the Flesh, Roger Waters.
That was a great night by the lake in 2002.
Earlier this evening I had dinner with good friends and surprised my concert buddy by producing a pair of tickets for Sept.20.
Bring your lighter (not cell phone) to spark a light for the late great Syd Barrett.

Craigsamuel
2006-07-16, 12:48 PM
What a great surprise for your friend. The friend I went to the In the Flesh concert spent most of the night in the one of two beer lines and passed out shortly after. lol

filper
2006-09-02, 04:05 PM
I scored The Who's 'The Kids Are Alright' DVD (single edition) for $9.99 at my local Beat Goes On sealed new.

Albeit not a concert DVD (as in one performance), but there is some amazing footage and a dts track.

I wish I could have partied with Keith Moon... but then I probably wouldn't be writing this now :).

filper
2006-09-11, 09:15 PM
Roger Hodgson "Take The Long Way Home"... Brilliant !

Filmed in HD, anamorphic WS, DD 5.1, in Montreal this June featuring only Roger and his saxaphonist from London, ON.

I found it at Wallymart for $15.

A very gifted musician/performer/composer with his music 'naked'. It feels warm.

testikoff
2006-09-12, 12:01 AM
One of the better HD transfers to DVD is Cream Reunion double DVD featuring 2005 Albert Hall concerts footage. Brilliantly performed and beautifully shot IMO

MrGrinch
2006-09-12, 12:40 AM
Next Tuesday (Sep 19) will be a good day for 80's fans as muchmoreretro will be releasing a number of 80's concerts on DVD that originally aired on muchmusic "back in the day" as part of their "Big Ticket Concert Series". I remember as a kid taping these and watching them over and over on beta/vhs. In fact I came across my Honeymoon Suite live at the Kingswood the other day and converted to DVD! Here's the ones they will be releasing in their series... hopefully more will follow...

Gowan - Live In Concert
Ashley MacIsaac - Live At The Rehearsal Hall
Glass Tiger - Live In Concert
The Pursuit Of Happiness - Live In Concert
The Spoons - Live In Concert
Payola$ - Live In Concert

Also for those who mentioned Colplay some time ago... that Toronto Conert was indeed awesome! I still have the HD DD5.1 version that aired on my Bell PVR but have no way to dump it off onto DVD without majorly sacrificing quality. :(

MAXAM
2006-09-12, 01:12 PM
My favourite concert video is anything by Alison Krauss and the Union Gap. I like most Bluegrass music especially if it features a five string banjo and a Dobro guitar.

ninty
2006-09-12, 03:02 PM
The pink floyd pulse concert is amazing IMO.

Mole
2006-09-12, 03:13 PM
a new Pat Metheny and Weather Report DVD's due within a month. I am sure I will be listing some new favorites here soon...

scoto
2006-09-12, 04:10 PM
U2 ZOO TV on DVD soon, can't wait for it. I had the laserdisc and it rocked!!