: Test satellite reception before buying

lachance
2004-08-25, 02:19 PM
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a dish and receiver to get hdtv. I'm hesitating because my house is against a hill covered with tall trees and of course this is in the direction of the satellites.
I don't want to put money in a satellite system and find out
I'm getting bad reception because of the trees. Is there a way to have reception tested before buying equipment? Would an installer do that?

Thanks

Donnybrook
2004-08-25, 03:40 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to have reception tested before buying equipment? Would an installer do that?

Thanks

Yes call Star Choice at 1-888-554-STAR and ask for a site survey.

agover
2004-08-26, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to have reception tested before buying equipment? Would an installer do that?

Thanks

Yes call Star Choice at 1-888-554-STAR and ask for a site survey.

Thats provided you want *C. As you specified you were looking at HDTV (See the comments in the sat sections for info on HDTV offerings on Sat)- assuming you plan on going the legal route you should be able to get Bell to do the same thing (1888skydish).

lachance
2004-08-30, 08:47 AM
Thats provided you want *C. As you specified you were looking at HDTV (See the comments in the sat sections for info on HDTV offerings on Sat)- assuming you plan on going the legal route you should be able to get Bell to do the same thing (1888skydish).
Yes. I'd go the legal route. At the moment I'd be more encline to go with BEV so I'll give them a call.
Thanks