: rdio: Pricing has gone up!

hugh
2011-12-12, 07:09 PM
Just got my Visa statement. My rdio used to be $9.99. Now I am being billed $11.49!

No email or anything from them saying what is going on.

I emailed and they claim its because they are now adding sales tax. Last I looked Ontario charge 13% HST so I'd like to know where they get $11.49.

I asked for clarification.

hugh
2011-12-12, 07:15 PM
Man, this people don't know how to run a business.

Reply back was that an announcement was made on their website. I went and looked and found nothing until I went into their Billing FAQ and found this which is dated November 14th.

Rdio subscribers in Canada are billed in Canadian Dollars, including sales tax. (Prior to mid-November 2011, Rdio billed Canadian subscribers in US Dollars.)

So they decided to start charging us in Canadian dollars (I've been using a U.S. dollar credit card) and add taxes and never bothered to send out a notification.

hugh
2011-12-12, 07:20 PM
I don't want them charging my U.S. Dollar Credit Card (which I use for U.S. Purchases) so I have decided to cancel my subscription which is good until January 6th. At that time, I will decide whether to sign back up. If I do, (and I likely will) I will use my regular Cdn credit card.