: Volume control

GoWing
2011-12-07, 10:53 PM
I have a Motorola DCX3400 connected via HDMI to a Sharp LCD television. I have programmed the tv into the pvr remote and it powers on and off with no problem. I have problems with volume control. The pvr remote will not adjust the TV volume. When I set the remote to adjust the pvr volume to the tv, the progress bar appears on the tv screen but the volume stays the same. I have been on the phone to Shaw and they just read me what is in the manual. I have tried what the manual suggests many times to no avail. I have had shaw pvr's from the onset of the pvr and have always been able to control volume through the cable box. Any fixes or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2011-12-08, 02:22 AM
The PVR volume control only adjusts the analogue outputs, not digital, like HDMI. What you need to do is set the "global volume lock" on the PVR remote so that it controls the TV. See the operating manual for the remote and program it accordingly for the global volume lock.

Useful post: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

GoWing
2011-12-09, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the response. I am going to Shaw to get a new remote. The one I have is not working correctly.