: LG TV USB problem

MyMetin
2011-11-16, 02:43 PM
Heya
I have a question related to LG LCD TV about the USB. I have a 37 inch LCD TV but i dont have the usb menu and on the back it says '' service only'' . I want to use the usb to plug in a usb stick and watch movies that i previously downloaded but the problem is that i cant access the flash memory ( USB ) . I think i need to go to the service menu and allow that manually. I tried holding ok and ok on the tv but nothing happens . The same with ''menu''. I will be really happy if someone helps me . Please, Thank you

DSgamby
2011-11-16, 02:48 PM
What is the TV Model.

If it says service only on the USB port, then it probably is only for updating firmware.

hugh
2011-11-16, 02:53 PM
What DSGamby says is likely correct. What model number of TV do you have?

2011-11-16, 02:59 PM
Before attempting anything in the service menu, please read the following FAQ on Service Menus.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43201

Then check out the following useful post for those new to the forum:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

MyMetin
2011-11-17, 07:45 AM
the model number is : 37LH3000-ZA
Thank you.. Hope i can use my usb :-s

DSgamby
2011-11-17, 07:52 AM
If you mean, you have the 37LH30. If it is. The Manual says for the USB

USB IN SERVICE ONLY
Used for software updates.

So your USB is for only for firmware updates.

MyMetin
2011-11-18, 10:21 AM
other suggestions :-s?

Paolo
2011-11-18, 11:13 AM
There have been reports of people entering the service menu (possible with the rogers remote) and enabling a op code that will activate the usb menu.

I'd like to give a big warning to this, as most of the informaiton on the internet describing how to do this is targeted for the european market, and a lot of the information on there if followed will brick your tv. I know because I used to be actively participating on those discussions and wanted the usb menu on my tv only to decide its not worth bricking my tv for.

In the end, my blue ray player has a functional usb port that supports way more video formats than the tv would so I now play my media through my blue ray players usb port just as if i was watching a high devinition movie.