: Shaw Gateway: Missing Logos and Incorrect Guide Data
2011-10-25, 12:02 PM
I have a Gateway and bought the Center Ice package specifically to watch the Jets games.
There seems to be a problem where these games do not show up in the channel listings (in the 300 range) even when the game is on. For example, I found out from Shaw that last nights game was on 352. When I looked at my guide it showed just "Shaw NHL PPV" with times from 4 - 7 and 7 - 10. I recorded both shows and it did have the Jets game on so I got to watch them lose to the Rangers, but only because someone at Shaw told me the time and channel. It was the TSN-Jets feed.
I see other games listed fine, just none of the Jets games. I want to record the game against Philly as it starts before I get home from work, but have no idea what channel it will be on.
Is there a list somewhere that shows what channel Shaw will be carrying each of the games? I'm on hold with Shaw right now but not sure they are going to be able to help.
2011-10-28, 07:56 PM
This issue is not isolated to Jets games...for some reason, some games are not appearing in the Gateway guide. The games are indeed being broadcast - we just have to hunt for them.
I just had a long conversation with a shaw csr about this very issue - an issue that they claimed to be not aware of.
I would suggest giving them a call or contacting them via email or something. Otherwise, they will not prioritize it.
I have told them that I will not order Centre Ice until the issue is resolved; The mpeg4 shmozzle of last year was annoying enough - but as I'm on the west coast, most games begin while I'm at work - and thus I need to know which channel to record (an impossibility when it is not listed in the guide).
Shaw used to release a tidy little schedule .pdf that listed all the games and what channel they would be broadcast on - alas, they now just provide a link to nhl.com for scheduling info.
Sorry I don't actually have a solution - but at least someone at shaw is now in the loop.
2011-10-31, 03:48 PM
Shaw gateway/ portal system
I decided to remove channels I don't want to see in my guide. Now I have blocks of blank lines of channels I do want to see in my guide. I have tried to power off and on system it still shows blank lines. Is there any way to fix this?
2011-10-31, 04:00 PM
This is a known issue that has yet to be resolved (http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1286197&postcount=928).
2011-10-31, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply I will try this
2011-10-31, 11:36 PM
I did manage to get one csr in the store to listen etc. He did give me a list of the games through November but not beyond that. Kinda annoying but i will be back to try to get decembers.
2011-11-01, 01:11 AM
Hilarious. I had the Gateway service installed today and one of the portals had no channel 9. It baffled the tech, but they are coming back Wednesday to install another portal so they were going to look at the technical glitches I was experiencing. I see this thread, then I am thinking that there might be a slight possibility that channel 9 is simply blocked from the channel list. Voila - that was the problem. But why the hell would a new portal block a random channel? Anyway, there are still other issues to be resolved (like channels not receiving a signal).
2011-11-01, 01:32 AM
^ Do you mean Channel 9 was simply deselected in the Channel List, or do you mean there's no Channel 9 listed in the Channel List at all ("Channel List" being where you can select/deselect channels that will appear in the Channel Grid Guide)? If it's the latter, that is very odd, but I suppose you just meant the former.
2011-11-01, 07:41 AM
I feel your pain Violett. ShawGuru's post was from July and now over 3 months later it's still not resolved. Which also begs the question, why can most cheapo TVs scan and identify all available channels and a brand new PVR can't do it??? Going through that list and deselecting non-subscribed channels is a PIA.
2011-11-03, 10:56 AM
Can anyone confirm if their guide for PBS SD (channel 3 - KGFE) vs. HD (channel 204 - KGME) is messed up?
I just received my gateway last Thursday and had set a few kids shows to record on channel 3 for my daughter and the Friday showings recorded, however, I've had nothing since. I was trying to figure out why and noticed that the guide for channel 3 did not match the programming that was showing. The guide for 204, however, is correct.
(I will note that my non-gateway equipment *does* show the guide correctly)
Thanks in advance...
2011-11-11, 02:08 AM
Call Shaw and get them to do a reset from their end. It sounds like a channel mapping issue.
2011-11-11, 02:41 AM
I did actually call them and it has since been fixed. I just found it odd that on non-gateway digital terminals it was fine...
2011-11-11, 02:49 AM
The Gateway system is a separate entity and uses completely different software, etc. so it should come as no surprise that this sort of issue might arise. These units are now far more powerful than all of the computing power on a space shuttle so it shouldn't come as a surprise if they have 'issues' that would otherwise seem to be 'simple'. If they all used the same source of information and signals, then it might be a mystery but since they are different it isn't unexpected.
2011-11-14, 11:39 PM
Hopefully Shaw Support staff can see this forum. I invite others in other markets to report similar errors.
Located in Winnipeg, located on the east side of Red River, and I have had the gateway for about three weeks now. Yesterday I went through the whole guide and would like to explain to you some errors I noticed in comparison to my DCX3400.
Incorrect Guide Listings
1. Channel 9 (Shaw TV): There is no guide data, yet the DCX3400 has it, and because of this I was not able to record the Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade on the gateway.
2. Channel 512 (Abu Dhabi Tv): Again no Guide Data.
3. Channel 526 (CBN): No Guide data listings.
4. Channel 776: Just says 776.1 – should be changed to Security Camera Channel
5. Channel 998: Just says 998.1. This channel does not need to be listed on the Shaw gateways as this is the Shaw Vod Launch channel used on the DCT and DCX boxes. On the gateway this channel does not do anything, if it cannot be removed they should at least rename it.
Missing Channel / Incorrect Channel Logos
1. Channel 19: Has Global Logo instead of Tv Tropolis Logo
2. Channel 59: Has CBS Logo instead of My 38 (WSBK) Logo
3. Channel 60; Has CW logo instead of KTLA Logo
4. Channel 62: Has CW logo instead of WPIX Logo
5. Channel 73: Has A-channel logo instead of CTV Two logo
6. Channel 75: Has CTV Two logo instead of either ATV or CTV logo
7. Channel 87: Currently has no logo. This is the Horse Racing Channel. Shaw could put the same logo as channel 1 – local orientation logo in this place if nothing else.
8. Channel 209: No Logo. Should have CBC HD Logo
9. Channel 210: No logo. Should have CTV HD logo
10. Channel 211: No Logo. Should have Global HD Logo
11. Channel 214: No Logo. Should have City TV HD Logo
12. Channels 302 and 326: These have no logos and are the former Sportsnet One companion channels. Since Winnipeg has the jets this channels are no longer offered here. Can Shaw remove these from the guide? This affects all boxes (no call letters) and should be addressed.
13. Channels 350 and 352: These have no logos and are NHL CI channels. The other channels have the logos and listings, can we get these fixed. This again affects not just the gateway but other DCT/DCX boxes and missing call letters.
14. Channel 410: No Logo. Missing the Galaxie Music channel logo that all the other channels have.
15. Channel 510: No Logo. This is the Filipino Channel.
16. Channel 535: No Logo. New Channel Shaw added.
17. Channel 536: No Logo. New Channel Shaw added.
18. Channel 537. No Logo. New Channel Shaw added.
19. Channel 776. No Logo. This is the security camera channel.
20. Channel 889: No Logo. This is the Voiceprint Channel
21. Channel 998: No Logo. This channel should be removed as it’s the VOD launch channel for the older DCT/DCX boxes. This channel is useless on the gateway.
PPV Channels on Gateway
I am just curious why the PPV channels are listed on the gateway when out of all the PPV Channels listed only channels 300 and 324 have listings the rest of the channels just say “Order Movies on Shaw on Demand” for all their listings. If Shaw does not want to put the PPV listings into the gateway guide then they should remove these channels from the gateway lineup. Channels with no listings include; 301-323, 325, 327-328, 366-370. Channels 300 and 324 seem to list UFC events, and 302/326 are the former SN companion channels as listed above.
Digital Music Channels – Artist Info
Just curious why on the gateway do the Music channels only list the song title and not the artist title or CD as on the former DCT/DCX boxes? Is this is a software issue. Is this being looked into?
I hope some of these errors can be addressed.
2011-11-15, 11:02 AM
Merging a few disparate threads on incorrect Shaw Gateway guide data.
As you can see, if you've got trouble with your Gateway guide, you're not alone.
2011-11-18, 05:11 PM
I notice the Jets games are listed in the guide now.