: CTV Morning Live (Vancouver)

CHrisCHu
2011-11-14, 11:10 AM
It's about time CTV BC has its own local morning show. Tired of tuning in to non-local Canada AM from Toronto and changed to Breakfast TV on CityTV for local stuff, even though Breakfast TV is not real HD. Now that they have its own local morning show, CTV BC wins me back. Looking good so far. And they finally have better use of Chopper 9 for traffic report than just nice scenary shot and occasional breaking news footage.

rmchahn
2011-11-14, 12:51 PM
Didn't they try one with Mi-Jung Lee a year or two ago? But it didn't last long.

xxmattxx
2011-11-15, 07:31 PM
it was pretty good but its not a serious threat to Global. CTV's on air personalities just don't have the same chemistry as Global's and they seem uncomfortable with each other. This show will do much better then there other attempts in the morning and will probably gain enough viewers to survive. however at the current point Global's morning News gets more viewers then CTV news ar 6 according to these ratings http://shawmedia.ca/advertising/broadcast/television/stations/globalbc/news.asp

Vostok
2011-11-18, 11:28 PM
It's about time CTV BC has its own local morning show. Tired of tuning in to non-local Canada AM from Toronto and changed to Breakfast TV on CityTV for local stuff, even though Breakfast TV is not real HD. Now that they have its own local morning show, CTV BC wins me back. Looking good so far. And they finally have better use of Chopper 9 for traffic report than just nice scenary shot and occasional breaking news footage.
Agree! It's about time and the first week was a smooth 'flow'. Loving it!

xxmattxx
2011-11-18, 11:46 PM
I really wonder how it will do ratings wise considering how much CTV struggles to compete with Global especially at 6pm. Hopefully they will keep the show going its nice to have competition.

TechieFreak
2011-11-19, 10:47 AM
I checked out CTV Morning Live this week. I too found the interaction between the cast to be strained or uncomfortable. I ended up going back to Global News.

For me, in the morning, I want to know what's going on locally, and I'd like it delivered lightly, and calmly (I am just waking up). I find Sophie Lui, Steve Darling, Mark Madryga and Wesla Wong to be more compelling and trustworthy, than the current cast at the CTV morning show.

CHrisCHu
2011-11-22, 03:46 PM
Did you all hear Ann Luu's tongue-slip moment this morning? She said "CBC morning live" and quickly corrected it. We know she came from CBC weather reporting before this job, but CTV has been trying to avoid mentioning it, even in her little introduction profile clip before the CTV Morning Live launch.

I agree cast interaction is not as good as the other morning shows, but this is a new show and the cast are still new to each other. Give them some time. Regarding news coverage/delivery, I do find CTV news in general is more biased than CBC or Global. I think it's a step in the right direction that CTV is trying to spend more effort on news for more competition. I hope they go deeper by improving their coverage and delivery. On the other hand, all it needs for me to jump ship to Global is they get full HD field cameras and yet that seems to take forever.

CHrisCHu
2011-11-22, 05:10 PM
Ann Luu's tongue-slip moment this morning:

VxB6Uz9IjTU

xxmattxx
2011-11-22, 06:58 PM
Yes this by far their best attempt to compete against Global. i wonder how their doing against CityTV since they have no chance of beating global anytime soon. Global did have more HD field cameras, but a few were destroyed in the hockey riot.

CHrisCHu
2011-11-29, 05:19 PM
Another tongue-slip moment from Ann Luu. Last time it was "CBC". This time "City". :D

tFjm85nxmrY

xxmattxx
2011-12-02, 02:35 AM
Im not sure if its true or not but im hearing rumors that CTV Morning Live is not doing much better than Canada AM and still is not close to beating Breakfast Television on CityTV.