: Sharp Aquos LC-60E79U HDMI input problems

thaner
2011-11-06, 02:00 AM
A family member asked me to setup their just purchased 60" LCD from Costco. After a frustrating 90 minutes I left last evening with them watching SD over the RF output from their DCX3400 Motorola here on Eastlink. This was an existing 52 Samsung plasma setup that cracked and went dark and should have been an easy swap. I am mildly annoyed that I now have to revisit at a distance and resolve the problem and that my prowess at being good at this stuff has been called into question. I have read the stickys on HDMI issues.

The problem appears that none of the four HDMI input on this just unpacked Sharp Aquos are live. Of note, the inputs are able to be selected using remote or side panel. I have eliminated the existing A\V switching receiver and connected output sources directly to the TV. I have unplugged the TV for 10 minutes.

I have swapped out the DCX3400 with a DCT6412 and a Samsung BD again trying all inputs with no result. I have ensured that the DCX3400 being connected has no problem being moved into the bedroom and running the 42 Sony there.

Cables are high quality (belkin i think) and work when swapped with the bedroom setup. I do not have component cables to validate if those inputs are operating.

I am suppose to return in 6 hours and go at it again. I have spent the evening researching and see that there have been issues, but never with this model. This TV does not show on Sharp Can or US website as of yet which is again annoying. As such I have not been able to read the manual extensively as I could not DL it and do not have the CD here.

As the TV is not listed I have no source for applicable downloads including any firmware or service bulletins.

Obviously I will be calling Sharp support, Is anyone aware of any issues and perhaps other suggestions I should consider?

Thank you in advance.

Rfiedler852
2011-12-07, 05:45 AM
My sharp aquos 46" keeps automatically changing the input selection back to analog channel 9 whenever I try to switch inputs to HDMI on input 5... I have many HDMI cables... For xbox, DVD, direct tv receiver ... Etc, so I know the cords are not the problem. Do I need to have the HDMI jack on the tv itself replaced, or is it something more complicated internally with the tv?

csks
2011-12-07, 09:59 AM
The manual is available from http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/LC60E79U.aspx?print=true

hugh
2011-12-07, 11:16 AM
Certainly sounds like you've tried multiple sources on multiple inputs. Normally I would say contact the retailer or check the manual but since its a Costco special, you probably should call Sharp.

For the record, if it didn't come with a manual, are you sure its a new television?