Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

blue shimmering patch on screen

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ScaryBob 
#1 ·
I have the Samsung HP-S4233 - 42" Plasma and im noticing sometimes in the bottom left corner of the screen a blue shimmering of random patches of blue pixels show up (flicker); they don't stay on permanently. Why is it doing this ? and what exactly is it?

thanks

#3 ·
I actually saw a red "shimmer" across the top of my LG Plasma today for the first time.

I found an old thread here from 2008 that sounded like a similar problem. A couple people had swapped sets through warranty to fix the issue. One person mentioned just letting the set warm up though. I went back 15 minutes later, and sure enough, the problem was gone.

The million dollar question though: Is this a problem that's developing and may get worse? Or is this normal behavior that just never happened in the past, or I somehow missed it? (I've had the set for nearly a year now.)

It was a very faint set of red pixels, and you could barely see it in some light, but in other scenes it was much more noticeable. Needless to say, I didn't like it one bit. If it's a normal "warm up" problem, I can deal with that.

Edit: The thread I found earlier, some of the posts sounded like the "sparkles" may have been across most or all of the screen. Mine was definitely just on the top left, and a bit down the side. I'm curious what will happen tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.