: current best brand/model for plasma tv?

Matt26
2011-10-19, 01:31 PM
does anyone know which brand/model is leading the way these days for plasma hdtv? i helped my parents pick out a new TV in the last year or so (LCD, 40"-46", can't remember the exact size) and it's a Panasonic Vierra, which was the flagship brand/model at the time from what we checked out.

i'm looking at getting a 50" model.

thanks!

hugh
2011-10-19, 01:36 PM
Search and you'll find lots of discussion on the forum. I would pick the Panasonic GT or VT series if you want the best quality. If you're going for cheaper then most any brand delivers excellent quality.

2011-10-19, 02:08 PM
Panasonic has given pretty consistent good results, however, sometimes what's more important is properly optimizing the TV (and the associated equipment). See the following post on that topic:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76161

And the following post, useful for newbies - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

brownriggd
2011-10-19, 04:19 PM
The most highly rated plasmas according to the A/V magazines and other associated websites are the Panasonic G, S and VT series and the Samsung D8000.

I have a VT30 and the black levels and 3D performance are second to none

Michael TLV
2011-10-19, 05:16 PM
Greetings

Sometimes this type of question could be like asking us what is the best fruit. Answer ... it depends on your budget and what you think is important in terms of picture quality and where that TV sits in the home ... and when you watch most of the TV programming.

Panny V and G series are highly regarded ... Samsung plasma sets at the 6000 series and higher are great for tweak ability ... and LG has wonderful bang for the $$ and pretty tweakable too.

regards

Steve604
2011-10-20, 11:51 PM
I have never had a problem with a single panasonic product I've ever owned,

With that said, I love both my Panasonic plasmas, I don't have a problem with my samsung plasma,

I had an LG and I was less than impressed with the picture quality