: Picture Quality and TV stations

rbh123456789
2011-10-14, 03:35 PM
Hello all,

i am a little new to the world of HDTV (recently just purchased a 40" Sharp LED).

Though i plan to upgrade, i am currently watching my programming (provided by Rogers cable, in Canada) through the use of a SD cable box, which outputs via coax cable to the TV.

I understand that HD programming always looks better than SD; of course. However, some of my SD programs look better than others. Why is this? Is the image quality 'channel specific' or is it 'program specific'. In other words, if i am watching Program A on channel 3, then Program B on the same channel, could there be a quality difference?

In addition, in almost every circumstance, ive noticed that a lot of commercials look much better than the TV show its sharing the air-time with; why?

hugh
2011-10-14, 03:41 PM
Connect your set top box to your TV using S-Video cable and all the stations will look better.

And yes there is differences between stations for a myriad of reasons. See the FAQ in the FAQ forum for answers to your questions.

Finally, if you care at all about Picture quality then get an HD box and subscribe to HD programming.