: sound is not correct on sharp aqous

gabagoo
2011-10-09, 09:16 PM
I have 2 Sharp aquos tv's and our 42" lcd has sound issues. The TV is not hooked up to any receivers but the sound is wrong.
What i experience is hearing background music or crowd sounds at sporting events that seem to over play the announcers voices. My 32" Sharp does not do this. I can't figure out why it does this and find it very annoying.
Today for example watching football I could barely hear the play by play announcers over the crowd sounds.

2011-10-09, 11:31 PM
Did you check the user audio setup options menu to see if anything can be done differently?

BGY11
2011-10-10, 01:12 AM
You should also check your source device (i.e. cable set-top box) to ensure that both TVs are set to use Stereo output and not 5.1. If the STB connected to the 42" TV is set to output 5.1, then it would explain what is happening, since the TV wouldn't have a dedicated center channel (where the announcer's voice would be coming from).

Tezster
2011-10-10, 01:17 AM
Note that some STBs also have a dynamic range setting. If this is set to 'wide' (such as on a Rogers box), this will most likely reduce the dialog to a very low volume level.

gabagoo
2011-10-10, 09:21 AM
shall investigate

jasonreg
2011-10-10, 10:01 AM
If you have a "surround" mode on youe TV try turning that off or to "normal". This mode tries to give an artificial surround sound stage at the expense (at times) os clarity.

If you have "Clear Voice" mode, try enabling and/or disabling that mode to see which is clearer.