: LED Clouding

LG Guy 26
2011-10-07, 09:58 PM
I presently have a two year old Samsung LN46A650 and have had clouding issues since the day I brought it home. Even after replacing the panel under warranty, I still have the same problem. I understand this is inherit with some lcd's particularly with Samsung.

Iím doing why homework on LEDís such as the Samsung 6000-7000 series and wondering if they also have the same clouding effect. Can anyone comment?

AlsoÖLED vs Plasma (Panasonic G or GT series) Thoughts?

Thank you.

Jase88
2011-10-07, 10:37 PM
I'm wondering if the effect might be less noticeable on a fluorescent backlit LCD?

It would seem to me--and I could be wrong here--that the benefit of LED back lighting is localized brightness adjustments. Kind of a "double-edged sword", in the sense that this benefit is somewhat offset by a clouding effect.

eimaj
2011-10-08, 05:01 PM
I believe this set is a ccfl backlit lcd. It seems to be that Local Dimming Full Array LED LCD's (that is quite a handle for a tv...) are the best sets to resolve this problem in the lcd class, or to go plasma. My last two sets have been local dimming full array led lcd's and have not exhibited this issue while watching content due to the fact they can lower the brightness level of a darkened area on the screen (not lower the whole of the screens brightness like many led lcd's do, of which it is REALLY annoying).

LG Guy 26
2011-10-08, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback.